Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members

Old 05-25-2017, 01:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension
Sir, we sent you out a replacement joint and sent you a joint tool under your request! Thanks RK

So I need to pull all arms and verify they have locktite on the retainer nuts?
Old 05-25-2017, 02:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Horsebeater
So I need to pull all arms and verify they have locktite on the retainer nuts?
You don't need to, but I would recommend it. Reading through these last few pages, you sound ridiculous. It's not that hard to pull one control arm at a time, check the joints and put them back in. That is a simple maintenance you should do anyway on a suspension system that uses rod ends/johnny joint/krawler joint style ends. If you don't want to service your suspension components then you should have researched more on your lift choice and purchased something that used conventional bushings. Take some responsibility! I know it's an inconvenience to check all this, but I bet if you handle the situation like a gentleman then RK will take care of you. Jeremy and the crew are good peeps. And before you call me a fanboy too, know that I don't have 1 RK component on my Jeep. Good luck man.
Old 05-25-2017, 03:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have three thousand miles on my jeep!! You dumb asses may like to throw away your money but I don't. When I spend $2000+ on a lift kit I expect it to come in perfect shape. Maybe Rock Krawler should advertise that you will need to rebuild your suspension often with there joints. I'd rather drive my jeep then rebuild the arms, which are brand new. I still have no apologies from these guys. I'm an extremely kind person that would help anyone out on or off the trail. It's obvious to me they knew some joint went out that were not to spec but I still have no explanation on why my joints were not assembled correctly. But I guess I'm the asshole for asking for what I paid for.
Old 05-25-2017, 04:08 PM
JK Freak

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

I have three thousand miles on my jeep!! You dumb asses may like to throw away your money but I don't. When I spend $2000+ on a lift kit I expect it to come in perfect shape. Maybe Rock Krawler should advertise that you will need to rebuild your suspension often with there joints. I'd rather drive my jeep then rebuild the arms, which are brand new. I still have no apologies from these guys. I'm an extremely kind person that would help anyone out on or off the trail. It's obvious to me they knew some joint went out that were not to spec but I still have no explanation on why my joints were not assembled correctly. But I guess I'm the asshole for asking for what I paid for.
No, you're just acting like a child by bitchin on here. A phone call would've done you better, but you decided to bring it to a public forum. Grow up man, I'm embarrassed for you.

Emails are slow. Try a phone next time.
Old 05-25-2017, 04:10 PM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Don't expect an explaination. This is a risk you take when purchasing any aftermarket part regardless of price. If you would have purchased OEM, and had it installed by a dealer then you would have been covered on the parts and install where if something like this occurred then it would have been as simple as taking it back to the dealer, and they would have handled the rest. Sure your situation sucks, and you have a reason to be upset but those are the risks as I mentioned. Move on and take it into consideration the next time you make a purchase.

Last edited by Rednroll; 05-25-2017 at 04:13 PM.
Old 05-25-2017, 04:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BoraBora
No, you're just acting like a child by bitchin on here. A phone call would've done you better, but you decided to bring it to a public forum. Grow up man, I'm embarrassed for you. Emails are slow. Try a phone next time.
I called the first time a joint failed. I was then told by their marketing director that I should have used locktite when I assembled the joints. This is when I got pissed off. Having your marketing people answer tech questions is unacceptable. My purpose for all the rants is my fellow jeepers don't fall into the same position I'm in currently. Know the facts before you run your mouth.
Old 05-25-2017, 04:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rednroll
Don't expect an explaination. This is a risk you take when purchasing any aftermarket part regardless of price. If you would have purchased OEM, and had it installed by a dealer then you would have been covered on the parts and install where if something like this occurred then it would have been as simple as taking it back to the dealer, and they would have handled the rest. Sure your situation sucks, and you have a reason to be rupset but those are the risks as I mentioned. Move on and take it into consideration the next time you make a purchase.
I hear you, just trying to look out for the next guy. Anyone thinking about buying RK parts read the warranty carefully. Also do your research online before buying. I pulled the trigger to fast and found a lot of info right after I purchased.
Old 05-25-2017, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

I hear you, just trying to look out for the next guy. Anyone thinking about buying RK parts read the warranty carefully. Also do your research online before buying. I pulled the trigger to fast and found a lot of info right after I purchased.
I appreciate you sharing your experience. I've always heard good things about RK but lately, stories like yours seem to be occuring more frequently. It's a sad day when I purchase a set of RC control arms and don't have high expectations for them because I paid 1/3rd the price of RK arms and I hear experiences like yours and I feel I've made a better purchase decision than an American designed and produced part. My joints aren't falling apart, I don't need special grease, I didn't need to rebuild them before installing them and they aren't looking like crap due to them rusting after owning them for a year like I've seen as well. I already know who I won't be considering for future purchases. Thanks.

Last edited by Rednroll; 05-25-2017 at 04:37 PM.
Old 05-25-2017, 04:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Google "Rock Krawler joint failure " it will amaze you how often it happens and they know what the problem is. If you know you have a problem and don't tell your customers you're the problem.
Old 05-25-2017, 04:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rednroll
I appreciate you sharing your experience. I've always heard good things about RK but lately, stories like yours seem to be occuring more frequently. It's a sad day when I purchase a set of RC control arms and don't have high expectations for them because I paid 1/3rd the price of RK arms and I hear experiences like yours and I feel I've made a better purchase decision than an American designed and produced part. My joints aren't falling apart, I don't need special grease, I didn't need to rebuild them before installing them and they aren't looking like crap due to them rusting after owning them for a year like I've seen as well. I already know who I won't be considering for future purchases. Thanks.
That's funny, one of my jeep buddies has RC and he paid less for the whole lift then one of my arms but he hasn't had one problem and has 20k plus mile on his.

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members