Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members

Old 05-26-2017, 03:19 AM
Super Moderator

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by Horsebeater
Google "Rock Krawler joint failure " it will amaze you how often it happens and they know what the problem is. If you know you have a problem and don't tell your customers you're the problem.
I did that previously when shopping for my front track bar. RK was on my shopping list, but the experiences of others with their joints is why I own a Teraflex front track bar and not a RK.
Old 05-29-2017, 07:58 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All you whiny bitches can go buy whatever cheap crap you want to put in your rides but I've been running Rock Krawler in my 07 since it was new and have never had an issue with any part that wasn't directly related to my own negligence. These parts are not meant for "mall crawlers", they are the real deal and made for extreme use. With that use you need to expect to incur a higher level of maintenance regarding cleaning, inspection, and lubrication.
To answer your question Horsebeater, Yes, your incompetent installer should have verified torque, loctite, and proper lubrication of every part as they were installing it. If that incompetent installer happens to be yourself then I guess you got what you paid for..... I'm 2nding Shutterbug, Own your mistake and move on. Feel lucky RK is willing to warranty a joint that was improperly installed.
Old 05-29-2017, 08:22 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

I guess I fall into the "whiny bitch" category because my RK coils don't stand up to the 2.5" advertised and the powdercoating is chipping off. Crawling the mall is a tough duty where you'd think even the cheapest coil would be able to resist rust. Not the RK.

RK is certainly not the "end all, be all" that its been touted to be on this forum. RK coils for sale- PM's welcome and I'll order another brand.
Old 05-29-2017, 09:10 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by rmdchewie
All you whiny bitches can go buy whatever cheap crap you want to put in your rides but I've been running Rock Krawler in my 07 since it was new and have never had an issue with any part that wasn't directly related to my own negligence. These parts are not meant for "mall crawlers", they are the real deal and made for extreme use. With that use you need to expect to incur a higher level of maintenance regarding cleaning, inspection, and lubrication.
To answer your question Horsebeater, Yes, your incompetent installer should have verified torque, loctite, and proper lubrication of every part as they were installing it. If that incompetent installer happens to be yourself then I guess you got what you paid for..... I'm 2nding Shutterbug, Own your mistake and move on. Feel lucky RK is willing to warranty a joint that was improperly installed.
I had a track bar joint go out quickly and they eventually replaced it and I also had two sets of rear coils sag (this was the new and improved triple rates) in less than a year. they replaced them but it took an act of congress as they always had excuses and everytime you would talk to someone new. bottom line I think RK quality control has gone downhill. As far as built for real use I dunno about that. Mine sagged after the first loaded down offroad trip. I was a fan boy as I liked how they rode (I had 3 RK lifts so not just blowing smoke) when I bought my jeep I went another route.
Old 05-29-2017, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator

Interesting. It makes me wonder if I'm expected to disassemble them and check all the torque's and loctite, and redo all that if necessary, then why does RK even bother to assemble and apply loctite? My non RK control arms came disassembled with a nice set of instructions on how to assemble them, so it seems odd to me needing to disassemble something that comes pre assembled from the factory, only to be expected to disassemble it, inspect it, and redo any assembly. Do I also need to inspect the RK welds, and redo those if needed as well? I've previously been told, that if finish is important to me, and wish to prevent rust on the RK arms that I should sand blast their arms and take them to a professional shop and have them refinished prior to install. I'm just wondering where does this inspection/preventative maintenance start and end with the RK parts? So far I've been told, joint assembly, and outside finish should all be re-done prior to install. Anything else?

Last edited by Rednroll; 05-29-2017 at 11:13 AM.
Old 05-29-2017, 11:18 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jadmt
As far as built for real use I dunno about that. Mine sagged after the first loaded down offroad trip. I was a fan boy as I liked how they rode (I had 3 RK lifts so not just blowing smoke) when I bought my jeep I went another route.
It says right here under their cheesy Energy Drink logo. They're built for the "Hardcore Daily Driver". I'm still trying to figure out what hardcore daily driving is. Is that like not slowing down for speed bumps and driving over curbs in the mall parking lot?

Last edited by Rednroll; 05-29-2017 at 11:30 AM.
Old 05-29-2017, 12:49 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Just keep drinking that kool aid
Old 05-29-2017, 01:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

What say you all mighty Rock Krawler. Should these kits be disassembled, inspected, lubed, relocktited all the way down to the joints before install? Also how often will these new joints need to be serviced? I do I go to a pretty rough mall parking lot.......
Old 05-29-2017, 01:40 PM
JK Freak

Haters everywhere....
Old 05-29-2017, 02:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

You must be extreme with your stock axles and 40" tires. lol

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members