Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members

Old 06-05-2017, 08:09 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

We strive for perfection with everything we do! From our coil spring tunes, hard parts we manufacture here, no matter what, we want to be the best we can be and provide our customers with the best products possible.. We hope every company states that about their products.. We are here to help our customers and support our products.
Old 06-05-2017, 08:09 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by silverbullet85
Hey where can I get a rock krawler hat??? Sent you guys a message on Facebook and nobody got back to me.
We don't have FB messenger turned out. We are working on new hat designs right now.

RK
Old 06-05-2017, 08:11 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by SullivanM08
See if yall can check my sanity on a possible stupid question. Have 3.5 mid x factor installed on 35s flat PS fenders. Want to move up to 5.5" can I slap in new coils and longer shocks on what I have and just make adjustments on CA's to move on up? trying to go 38s maybe 40s after some axle work. Any thing you think that will cause me problems by doing this?
You can do that. You would definitely need to make sure you have a drag link flip kit to correct the steering geometry unless your Jeep weights 12,000 pounds... You may also need to address drivelines. Going to a long arm would be better, but not 100% required..
Old 06-05-2017, 06:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension
You can do that. You would definitely need to make sure you have a drag link flip kit to correct the steering geometry unless your Jeep weights 12,000 pounds... You may also need to address drivelines. Going to a long arm would be better, but not 100% required..
Awesome thanks for getting back to me, I already did yeti/Griffin w/ top mount for the Drag Link so that should hold up for that portion of the project. Will prob end up switching over to long arm at some point just trying to see if I can put my current build to some more use. And I'll be looking at some Adams drive shafts also.

Last edited by SullivanM08; 06-05-2017 at 07:00 PM.
Old 06-06-2017, 06:54 AM
Former Vendor

Check out our video on the importance of Jams Nuts!

https://youtu.be/DbKG0zNHLgo

Last edited by Rock Krawler Suspension; 06-06-2017 at 08:16 AM.
Old 06-21-2017, 02:06 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a question. Bought an X factor 3.5 with the shocks for a 4 door because I wanted an extra inch on my 2 door. I was talking to someone from rock krawler last weekend at a show and they said one of the valves inside the shocks are different between a 2 and 4 door and that would be why the ride is so stiff. My question is can I buy just that part or do it need a whole rebuild kit. Also do you have instructions on how to rebuild them?
Old 06-21-2017, 05:38 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by silverbullet85
I have a question. Bought an X factor 3.5 with the shocks for a 4 door because I wanted an extra inch on my 2 door. I was talking to someone from rock krawler last weekend at a show and they said one of the valves inside the shocks are different between a 2 and 4 door and that would be why the ride is so stiff. My question is can I buy just that part or do it need a whole rebuild kit. Also do you have instructions on how to rebuild them?
Yes the valving is different from a 2 door to a 4 door... Your gonna need some of a re build kit because you are opening it up! We recommend for them to be sent in to have it done. Please call the office if you would like to have them done! 518-270-9822

RK
Old 06-21-2017, 05:48 AM
Former Vendor

Check out our video on how to properly set up a control arm!

https://youtu.be/gvkSpsvVkPA

Last edited by Rock Krawler Suspension; 06-21-2017 at 05:52 AM.
Old 06-21-2017, 05:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension
Yes the valving is different from a 2 door to a 4 door... Your gonna need some of a re build kit because you are opening it up! We recommend for them to be sent in to have it done. Please call the office if you would like to have them done! 518-270-9822

RK
Ok so what does a rebuild kit run? I can definitely do it myself, was just curious if you had a guide on it.
Old 07-06-2017, 11:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RK Tie Rod

Hey, hoping this isnt too far out of your lane but I picked up the older version of RK's tie rod, where the radius is in the rod itself and the TRE's are straight..in this case Moog. I am looking to replace the TRE's and wondering if there was any information as far as if RK offered a TRE that would work or even the ID of the Tie Rod so I know what to look for when reaching out to Moog for a replacement.

Larry

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members