Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members

Old 12-14-2017, 11:57 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by foxsat71
Even better. Thanks for the quick response time Adam. I dont have any leaks or anything defective. Im just going to need some shims to soften them up more and the end cap seals to ensure they don't leak. Other than that, the coilovers have been fine; no issues.
We can do that, Price would be way less. The 2.625's have a dual O-ring top cap so you'd need 2 per shock RRD00047, I'd use a new lock nut on the shaft (one each) RRD00019 and add in a few floats RRD00164. I Previously ran our shock department and would be glad to help you figure out valving if you need or work with our engineers to get it dialed in for you.

Adam C
The following users liked this post:
TrailBadger (01-29-2018)
Old 12-16-2017, 08:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2.625 coilover rebuild kits

Right on.
Old 12-27-2017, 11:36 AM
JK Newbie

Default Steering Linkage

I have the 3.5" X-Factor mid arm kit on my 2015 JKU Rubicon, Im currently running 37" Coopers on 17" MB11 Wheels and am curious if you would recommend doing a Draglink flip or leaving it at factory position when I upgrade? I'd prefer to not go through the trouble of flipping it if it isn't absolutely necessary. I've narrowed it down to the RockKrawler HD steering, Synergy or Teraflex. The other two brands mainly due to the fact that their quite a bit cheaper than the RK solution and I am on a budget. Any feedback you can provide is appreciated!
Old 12-28-2017, 10:40 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by TankRubicon15
I have the 3.5" X-Factor mid arm kit on my 2015 JKU Rubicon, Im currently running 37" Coopers on 17" MB11 Wheels and am curious if you would recommend doing a Draglink flip or leaving it at factory position when I upgrade? I'd prefer to not go through the trouble of flipping it if it isn't absolutely necessary. I've narrowed it down to the RockKrawler HD steering, Synergy or Teraflex. The other two brands mainly due to the fact that their quite a bit cheaper than the RK solution and I am on a budget. Any feedback you can provide is appreciated!
We would not recommend flipping the drag link until you are going above a 3.5" lift

Thanks!
Adam C
The following users liked this post:
TrailBadger (01-29-2018)
Old 12-29-2017, 10:05 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension
We would not recommend flipping the drag link until you are going above a 3.5" lift

Thanks!
Adam C
Sounds good, looks like I'll be placing another order with you guys here in a couple days
Thanks for the feedback Adam, I appreciate it!
Old 01-03-2018, 01:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey RK, are you the sole source for the small thread zerk fittings used in your JK sway bar links? I purchased a set from a Washington vendor (wink) and the zerks had no inside ball! the only zerks I can find locally are the larger ball joint size.

Thanks
Old 01-04-2018, 10:50 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by LHC30
Hey RK, are you the sole source for the small thread zerk fittings used in your JK sway bar links? I purchased a set from a Washington vendor (wink) and the zerks had no inside ball! the only zerks I can find locally are the larger ball joint size.

Thanks
There are plenty of companies that produce 10-32 zerks but not many (if any) stores stock them. But, our Zerks for the sway bar links don't have a check ball in them.
Old 01-07-2018, 10:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am about to pull the trigger on a new lift for my 2015 JKU Sport. It currently has the Teraflex Performance leveling kit (taller front springs, rear spacer) netting 1" of lift. I am running 33s.

My mechanic is suggesting a Rough Country 3.25" lift because he's familiar with them, but I am skeptical about the overall quality, as well possibly needing a new front driveshaft. I am looking hard into the RK 2.5" Flex or Max Travel lifts. It looks like the main difference is the Max Travel has rear upper control arms included.

Is there anything else I would need to plan to do that's not included in this kit? I'm hoping to move up to 35s, but that is at least a year out. This is a daily driver with some light offroad for work, but the possibility of more for fun.

Thanks in advance. Jim
Old 01-07-2018, 06:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Rough Country. Run. Run away fast. And ditch that mechanic for suggesting it.

I will add this: You do NOT need a mechanic to install the Max Travel or Flex kits. Period. You just need to have some minor mechanical ability and know how to use some basic tools and a jack.

Either of these is a great kit. I have the X-Factor myself (replaces all control arms - build thread link in my signature). You'd probably want to look into adding exhaust spacers to push the exhaust crossover back to clear the driveshaft when the front axle is at full droop (provided your shocks don't bottom out first). Either that, or replace the exhaust Y-pipe with an aftermarket one that moves the exhaust cross over behind the trans crossmember.

In any case, you need to keep something very important in mind. Whenever you start changing the stock suspension, it will affect other parts of the suspension and necessitate other changes. It's a bit of a slippery slope. Read TheDirtMan's sticky on lifts.
The following 2 users liked this post by ShutterBug:
Rock Krawler Suspension (01-08-2018), TrailBadger (01-29-2018)
Old 01-08-2018, 04:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks. My mechanic is a good friend and very good, but he admitted he's only installed the RC lifts for other clients. I don't have the space to install much of anything, and what would take me all day he can usually do in a few hours on a weekend in his shop. Also, we trade out his mechanic skills for my skills at the gun range.

I've read Dirtman's sticky, and he and several others are recommending control arm relocation brackets for now, and a lift sometime in the future if I move up to 35s. I may go that route for now until I learn more. What I want to stay away from is starting something and causing more problems later that have to be corrected. I want to know all of my costs up front.

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members