Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members

Old 01-09-2018, 06:28 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jadmt
Nice addition. will they have a stock clevite style joint and what length will they be? The new single jointed tb looks like a nice addition too.
The lowers length isn't available to me yet but the engineers statement was that they will be slightly longer than our 2.5 X factor lowers would be. As soon as numbers are available, I will post them.

Uppers will be the same as our current X factor adjustable arms, same part numbers and all.

The single adjustable TB's will be a great addition to our line and I'm very excited to have them out.

In addition to all of that, we will have 4.5" 4 door springs very soon and will offer it in both a mid arm and long arm application for JKU's as well as a 5.5" long arm for 2 doors.

Adam C
Old 01-09-2018, 06:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I understand that advertised height versus actual height can be two very different figures. I am considering one of the 2.5" kits for my 2015 JKU (either Flex or Adventure 1). I have Smittybilt XRC front and rear bumpers, a 9500# winch and HD tire carrier with 33" tire. Just over 200# additional front and rear. What kind of height can I expect from either of those kits? Also, with the non-adjustable control arms in the Adventure 1 kit, if the actual lift ends up being higher, is there a problem with a low caster?
Old 01-09-2018, 07:50 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

The RK coils will sag with that weight. I'm running a roughly equivalent build, probably even lighter, and there are stock Rubicons that sit at the same height. My coils have a significant amount of rust too. RK suggesting painting them but really didn't offer the insight that they were having issues with their paint.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:55 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

When doing the trail gunner install we had a coil that was standing on end fall over on the concrete floor that caused significant amounts chipping in the coating. RK might want to look into whoever is doing their finishing and pick a more durable coating.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karls10jk
The RK coils will sag with that weight. I'm running a roughly equivalent build, probably even lighter, and there are stock Rubicons that sit at the same height. My coils have a significant amount of rust too. RK suggesting painting them but really didn't offer the insight that they were having issues with their paint.
So you're saying that the 2.5" springs will net 2.5" or lower, and not 3.5"?
Old 01-09-2018, 08:23 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by jimonfly
I understand that advertised height versus actual height can be two very different figures. I am considering one of the 2.5" kits for my 2015 JKU (either Flex or Adventure 1). I have Smittybilt XRC front and rear bumpers, a 9500# winch and HD tire carrier with 33" tire. Just over 200# additional front and rear. What kind of height can I expect from either of those kits? Also, with the non-adjustable control arms in the Adventure 1 kit, if the actual lift ends up being higher, is there a problem with a low caster?
Its difficult to estimate due to not knowing how that extra 200# is distributed I would believe that you should be right at the 2.5" mark. If you end up a touch higher, it will not be an issue as the front lowers are made to be slightly heavy on caster at 2.5", and slightly light at 3.5".

Adam C
Old 01-09-2018, 08:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension
Its difficult to estimate due to not knowing how that extra 200# is distributed I would believe that you should be right at the 2.5" mark. If you end up a touch higher, it will not be an issue as the front lowers are made to be slightly heavy on caster at 2.5", and slightly light at 3.5".

Adam C
Thanks, Adam. It would be 400# total, 200# as the front bumper/winch and 200# as the rear bumper/tire.

Jim
Old 01-09-2018, 08:34 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Originally Posted by jimonfly
So you're saying that the 2.5" springs will net 2.5" or lower, and not 3.5"?
Correct, 2.5" springs won't give you a lasting 2.5". I've got a 2dr but when I pull out the rear seat (75lbs over the rear axle), you can see the vehicle pick up. Pulling off my spare tire (315 bfg all terrain w/ stock wheel) also nets a notable gain.

Aside from the lift not being lasting, I've got diminishing ride quality as the coils age- only a couple years old with mostly daily driving. I'll be selling my coils soon to someone looking for more of a leveling kit and less of a lift kit.
Old 01-09-2018, 10:41 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Correct, 2.5" springs won't give you a lasting 2.5". I've got a 2dr but when I pull out the rear seat (75lbs over the rear axle), you can see the vehicle pick up. Pulling off my spare tire (315 bfg all terrain w/ stock wheel) also nets a notable gain.

Aside from the lift not being lasting, I've got diminishing ride quality as the coils age- only a couple years old with mostly daily driving. I'll be selling my coils soon to someone looking for more of a leveling kit and less of a lift kit.
Of course adding or reducing weight would cause a difference in ride height, that's literally how a spring functions. As for diminishing lift height or ride quality, that is usually indicative of an issue in setup as in springs bowed, etc. If possible can you post photos of your rear pinion angle and the rear springs and we can troubleshoot what is going on? If posting is too much hassle, feel free to email them to adam.c@rockkrawler.com and we can email back and forth.

Adam C
Old 01-25-2018, 05:27 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension
The lowers length isn't available to me yet but the engineers statement was that they will be slightly longer than our 2.5 X factor lowers would be. As soon as numbers are available, I will post them.

Uppers will be the same as our current X factor adjustable arms, same part numbers and all.

The single adjustable TB's will be a great addition to our line and I'm very excited to have them out.

In addition to all of that, we will have 4.5" 4 door springs very soon and will offer it in both a mid arm and long arm application for JKU's as well as a 5.5" long arm for 2 doors.

Adam C
so I see these rk06060 are on the website but they say they have a usable length of 20.125 to 21.0 that can't be right stock ones are much longer than that at 22 5/8 and how can fixed arms have almost an inch of adjustment?

Last edited by jadmt; 01-25-2018 at 05:30 AM.

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members