Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members

Old 01-25-2018, 05:54 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension
Of course adding or reducing weight would cause a difference in ride height, that's literally how a spring functions. As for diminishing lift height or ride quality, that is usually indicative of an issue in setup as in springs bowed, etc. If possible can you post photos of your rear pinion angle and the rear springs and we can troubleshoot what is going on? If posting is too much hassle, feel free to email them to adam.c@rockkrawler.com and we can email back and forth.

Adam C
I appreciate the offer Adam and I've spoke with a few different reps from RK and basically they come back with the same thing- "Oh yeah, you should have more lift with how little weight you have", followed by the pictures, followed by "everything looks normal". So again, I appreciate the offer but I already know how the story ends. I've bought new coils so I won't have this issue any more.

It's an essentially stock jeep with no real weight, it shouldn't sit as low as it does. I ordered new coils- problem solved. I have a set of RK triple rate 2.5" coils for a 2dr for sale.
Old 01-25-2018, 07:22 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by Canvas
Here is one thing that needs to be said about asking for lift kits or any suspension, "Ride is 100% subjective. Meaning what feels good to one may not feel good for you." Highly recommend that if you are part of a local Jeep club ask your fellow members to take a ride in their Jeep's with various lifts. This will help you figure out what you like. Once you find what you like then go from there. As mentioned in previous posts most lift kits that do not require welding or relocating brackets can be done in a driveway with basic hand tools.

For me I have run ProComp, EVO and now Rock Krawler. Before yall go crazy, I have had Rock Krawler components on my Jeep before the RK star ever went on my Jeep. I have personally been to the Rock Kralwer shop in Waterford, NY a couple of times and seen how Rock Krawler is made and tell you that each part is made in house by New Yorkers. I like my RK 3.5 inch coils and control arms. I am in the process of upgraded my front end components from Synergy to RK, why because I believe in supporting American Companies. I digressed. with the different suspensions available only you can determine what is the best for you. Take a ride in different Jeeps and pick the one you like. In the end it is your money and your Jeep. Research and only spend your money once, trust me, SWMBO will be happy you only buy once.

R/
Will
Rock Krawler does not make everything in house. Several of their components are sourced from other venders. I am surprised RK did not jump on you for that statement as they like to keep things 100% accurate and truthful when it comes to comments on their products.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:18 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jadmt
so I see these rk06060 are on the website but they say they have a usable length of 20.125 to 21.0 that can't be right stock ones are much longer than that at 22 5/8 and how can fixed arms have almost an inch of adjustment?

There are a ton of changes happening to our website with plenty of new products being added constantly. Obviously that's an oversight and will be corrected. The actual measurement is 23".

Adam C
Old 01-25-2018, 09:28 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Rock Krawler does not make everything in house. Several of their components are sourced from other venders. I am surprised RK did not jump on you for that statement as they like to keep things 100% accurate and truthful when it comes to comments on their products.
Since you are a stickler for details, yes there are a few components made out of our building. Some internal shock components, for example, are made by an outside company. The machinery to make the quantities we need for shims would make them impossible to get out in a timely manner, we can buy shims in huge quantities from American manufacturers and focus our resources elsewhere. The vast majority of our components are made in house.

Adam C
Old 01-25-2018, 10:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Annnnnnddddd my RK coils are now sagging a considerable amount on the passenger side with an empty tank of gas. I believe ChuckTheRipper had this exact same problem.

RK, I've had these coils since July of 2016 and all the mods on my Jeep are very weight conscious (frame chop bumpers, aluminum tire carrier, no rear seat, synthetic winch line). Only have 32K miles on it now, and I installed them with 15k miles (Jeep is not my daily). You guys stand behind your coils? I don't wheel with any passengers either.

Should note that I cut and welded new rear coil perches in the rear a while ago. No spring bow. All 8 C/A's are adjusted properly. Perfect rear pinion angle. I can email pictures if it'll actually get me a solution. Otherwise I will also be switching coil manufacturers soon. Oh yeah, mine are also covered in surface rust...I've had to repaint them multiple times

Last edited by BoraBora; 01-25-2018 at 11:01 AM.
Old 01-25-2018, 01:04 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension
Since you are a stickler for details, yes there are a few components made out of our building. Some internal shock components, for example, are made by an outside company. The machinery to make the quantities we need for shims would make them impossible to get out in a timely manner, we can buy shims in huge quantities from American manufacturers and focus our resources elsewhere. The vast majority of our components are made in house.

Adam C
According to you your brackets are made by someone else or do you just use that excuse because of the poor quality I documented. I have also seen post by RK that some joint parts are outsourced. Do you guys make your own coils or are they outsourced too? Most suspension companies don't make their own coils. More lies and deceit, just what I expect from you guys.
Old 01-25-2018, 01:11 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Originally Posted by BoraBora
.RK, I've had these coils since July of 2016 and all the mods on my Jeep are very weight conscious (frame chop bumpers, aluminum tire carrier, no rear seat, synthetic winch line). Only have 32K miles on it now, and I installed them with 15k miles (Jeep is not my daily). You guys stand behind your coils? I don't wheel with any passengers either.
You'll get the usual back and forth that I did followed by "it's normal" despite the lightweight. Paint the coils (again) and sell them. That's my plan.

RK had told me previously that their coils were German manufactured and they had no defect cases, so surely mine wouldn't be sagging. Hasta luego RK.
Old 01-25-2018, 01:57 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by BoraBora
Annnnnnddddd my RK coils are now sagging a considerable amount on the passenger side with an empty tank of gas. I believe ChuckTheRipper had this exact same problem.

RK, I've had these coils since July of 2016 and all the mods on my Jeep are very weight conscious (frame chop bumpers, aluminum tire carrier, no rear seat, synthetic winch line). Only have 32K miles on it now, and I installed them with 15k miles (Jeep is not my daily). You guys stand behind your coils? I don't wheel with any passengers either.

Should note that I cut and welded new rear coil perches in the rear a while ago. No spring bow. All 8 C/A's are adjusted properly. Perfect rear pinion angle. I can email pictures if it'll actually get me a solution. Otherwise I will also be switching coil manufacturers soon. Oh yeah, mine are also covered in surface rust...I've had to repaint them multiple times

I'd like to see pictures of what is going on, feel free to contact us directly either by phone or email, 518-270-9822 or Adam.c@rockkrawler.com

Adam C
Old 01-25-2018, 02:08 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
According to you your brackets are made by someone else or do you just use that excuse because of the poor quality I documented. I have also seen post by RK that some joint parts are outsourced. Do you guys make your own coils or are they outsourced too? Most suspension companies don't make their own coils. More lies and deceit, just what I expect from you guys.

Lies and deceit... OK....

In the typical fashion Tom has tried to turn a conversation into a conspiracy. I gave an example of a product that we outsource, I by no means stated that it was the only part that we outsource. Our brackets are made by a local company, as previously stated. You are welcome to come to our shop and look around for any sheet metal tools.

Adam C
Old 01-25-2018, 02:16 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by karls10jk
You'll get the usual back and forth that I did followed by "it's normal" despite the lightweight. Paint the coils (again) and sell them. That's my plan.

RK had told me previously that their coils were German manufactured and they had no defect cases, so surely mine wouldn't be sagging. Hasta luego RK.
I don't know who you have had this back and forth conversation with, it certainly was not me. As I have said before, I'd be happy to take a look at whats going on but you refuse assistance.

We have never had non-American made coils in the last 10+ years (probably ever but the group of people in the building right now are only confident in the answer of 10+ years).

Adam C

Last edited by Rock Krawler Suspension; 01-25-2018 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Forgot to put my name on it

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members