Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members

Old 02-12-2018, 09:27 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Mic1205
wondering if this is to much movement for the trac bar
I don't see an image or video attached to this. If it is easier, you can email adam.c@rockkrawler.com and I'll take a look.

Adam C
Old 02-25-2018, 08:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey there RK! I picked up a x-factor mid-arm "kit"(minus some parts he kept for his upgraded long arm kit) from a local guy to add to my stock mod 2.5 kit. It had about 20,000 miles on it. Some of the joints were pretty stuck on the arms and a real PITA to get loose. After taking the joints out of the arms I noticed substantial corrosion inside of the threads. We cleaned them up as best we could and put them back together. Is this typical?...curious if the previous guy might of install incorrectly or missed a step?

Most all the joints were in decent shape, no obvious loose parts. Some were a real PITA to get to move though. Is there a typical re-build time frame on these joints? How long do they last?

Also I noticed someone had mentioned there is a sway bar relocation bracket? Im assuming I should probably find one of these and install it soon....
Old 02-25-2018, 11:04 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mpkelley20
I have a rather stupid question....I had one of the rear sway bar bolts snap on me....the bolts supplied with the X-Factor kit to move sway bar back 1" (I torqued too tight). So I am looking for a replacemtn bolt but can't find anyone who carries them. Luckily, where I drilled the hole and where the snapped bolt is won't interfere with me fixing this since I originally moved the sway bar back further than the instructions said . My goal is to move it to where is is supposed to be per the instructions and not be a lazy a** this time. Any ideas where I can buy one single bolt??
This is what I was referring to. I had to look this up again.

Its install step 24, page 17.

Last edited by ThirteenthCurve; 02-25-2018 at 11:10 AM.
Old 02-25-2018, 01:47 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ThirteenthCurve
This is what I was referring to. I had to look this up again.

Its install step 24, page 17.
They are just self tapping 3/8 i believe. Should be able to get easily?

Ive always loaded the threads with anti seize. Some people do not. Just make sure the threads stay clean under the jam nut especially if loc-tite is used. Loc-tite itself will help keep water from seeping under the jam nut.

Last edited by kjeeper10; 02-25-2018 at 01:50 PM.
Old 02-26-2018, 06:28 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
They are just self tapping 3/8 i believe. Should be able to get easily?

Ive always loaded the threads with anti seize. Some people do not. Just make sure the threads stay clean under the jam nut especially if loc-tite is used. Loc-tite itself will help keep water from seeping under the jam nut.
I got it now. I was over thinking it. Simple enough.
Old 02-27-2018, 09:51 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ThirteenthCurve
Hey there RK! I picked up a x-factor mid-arm "kit"(minus some parts he kept for his upgraded long arm kit) from a local guy to add to my stock mod 2.5 kit. It had about 20,000 miles on it. Some of the joints were pretty stuck on the arms and a real PITA to get loose. After taking the joints out of the arms I noticed substantial corrosion inside of the threads. We cleaned them up as best we could and put them back together. Is this typical?...curious if the previous guy might of install incorrectly or missed a step?

Most all the joints were in decent shape, no obvious loose parts. Some were a real PITA to get to move though. Is there a typical re-build time frame on these joints? How long do they last?

Also I noticed someone had mentioned there is a sway bar relocation bracket? Im assuming I should probably find one of these and install it soon....
It would seem that anti-seize wasn't used on the threads when prepped for install.

Rebuild time depends a lot on use, on road jeeps in areas with smooth roads will last a lot longer than trail rigs. There's no definitive answer there.

Adam C
Old 03-02-2018, 07:16 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

I think RK should hire you on as a tech support expert. You fit right in with that bunch.
Old 03-04-2018, 06:46 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Yep, you fit in great with RK.
Old 03-04-2018, 06:56 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

to say Metal Cloak has "inferior steel derivative coils" is asinine to say the least and wrong at best. I have never heard of MC sagging...ever.

Last edited by jadmt; 03-04-2018 at 07:12 AM.
Old 03-04-2018, 12:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Switching gears ....

@Rock Krawler Suspension - I have a 3.5" X-Factor kit on my 2-door - I drove it through the last 4 winters, and even though I made an attempt at maintaining the joints, they are rusty as all get out. I tried to get under there and spray with with WD-40 at least 3 or 4 times a winter, but they are really bad. Especially the rear uppers.

I don't quite remember what size the joints are. Provided I can get the arms off and the joints out, what are the part numbers for the replacement joints? I might look at trying to swap out new joints before I decide if I'm just going to replace the lift.

BTW, it's not just the joints. The springs and arms peeled and rusted a couple years ago. Even the track bars have not held up very well, cosmetically. But now that the JK is no longer a daily, I want to get it cleaned of any major rust and keep it that way.

Last edited by ShutterBug; 03-04-2018 at 12:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members