Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members

Old 09-29-2018, 08:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey Adam, can you locate a part number for me? Or even a link to a set of your drag link ends? I just went hydro assist this week, and it’s time to replace them. I believe I have your Gen 1 drag link. It had non greasable ends on them, but I would definitely like a greasable set on them. Please let me know if you have any questions, or need any other info. Thanks!

Here is a pic of mine:

Last edited by jsukey; 09-29-2018 at 02:26 PM.
Old 10-02-2018, 07:20 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

You'll want to use the tie rod end that is designed to go into the factory location at the pitman arm. Most aftermarket replacements are greaseable.
Old 10-03-2018, 06:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

Whats up with the drag link it looks hacked!
Old 10-03-2018, 09:31 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by caryt
Whats up with the drag link it looks hacked!
That is a design that ended probably 8 years ago, so its 8 years of use/wheeling....
Old 10-03-2018, 10:45 AM
JK Freak

It has been beat on for sure! It has held up all of this time though!
The following users liked this post:
Rock Krawler Suspension (10-03-2018)
Old 11-03-2018, 08:19 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just installed 3.5 rock krawler coils

How’s it going? I just installed 3.5 rock krawler coils. Changing from 2.5 teraflex.
My question is I have the new coils in and I’m getting that flighty feeling up front at highway speeds. I also have adjustable control arms all around. By any chance do you know what length the control arms should be at top and bottom front and rear for your coil springs. And should I adjust or have my Jeep professionally aligned ? Will they adjust control arms ?
Thanks
Old 11-03-2018, 09:05 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Bxjk
How’s it going? I just installed 3.5 rock krawler coils. Changing from 2.5 teraflex.
My question is I have the new coils in and I’m getting that flighty feeling up front at highway speeds. I also have adjustable control arms all around. By any chance do you know what length the control arms should be at top and bottom front and rear for your coil springs. And should I adjust or have my Jeep professionally aligned ? Will they adjust control arms ?
Thanks
You always want to get an alignment done after doing a major suspension tweak. That question might be better suited for Teraflex since you are still running their control arms...I’m assuming. All lift kits are not created equal. You can however find the recommended control arm lengths for all of their lift kits on their website, in the lift kit instructions links. Find yourself a reputable Offroad shop to do a proper alignment. They will adjust the control arms to make sure you have the correct caster/pinion angles.

Last edited by jsukey; 11-04-2018 at 09:18 AM.
Old 11-04-2018, 03:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bxjk
Thanks
Your caster is probably off a bit. If you have it aligned, make sure you take it some place that knows what they are doing with these kinds of suspensions.

At 3.5" of lift, you might also look into a drag link flip.

Last edited by ShutterBug; 11-04-2018 at 07:48 PM.
Old 11-04-2018, 03:56 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

^^ caster, not camber, right? Camber is bj's which also may need love but with adjusting height you're looking at caster changes which an alignment shop can fix with adjustable arms.
Old 11-04-2018, 07:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
^^ caster, not camber, right? Camber is bj's which also may need love but with adjusting height you're looking at caster changes which an alignment shop can fix with adjustable arms.
Tomato / Potato. I wasn't awake yet. lol

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members