Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members

Old 11-15-2018, 06:59 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

There is a way stretch the wheelbase without buying the lower rear arms but reqires a bit of cutting and welding. You also dont need to buy new perches as you can retask the factory ones that are cut off. If you can weld you can also (or have a good shop) just build new arms that are better and use better joints. With the RK arms you are limited to their joints or heims.
Old 11-15-2018, 07:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Before I do all that I’m gonna confirm which part number I have since their still in a box and ask them to exchange them or just upgrade to a more upgradeable manufacturer.
Old 11-15-2018, 08:54 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 11BlackJKUR
Before I do all that I’m gonna confirm which part number I have since their still in a box and ask them to exchange them or just upgrade to a more upgradeable manufacturer.
If you have rear lowers WITHOUT uppers, they are RK02064, we have not made them since 2012. As Dirtman points out, it sucks to have to change them, that is why we changed the Max Travel in 2012 to include rear uppers which are the same as the X Factor rear uppers, you would just adjust them to a different length. As companies grow, they learn, this is one of the things we have learned and moved on. If you bought them recently, then your retailer should make that right, they sold you 6 year old parts.

Adam C
Old 11-15-2018, 08:57 AM
Former Vendor

Wow I thought the rear arms my kit came with were adjustable? I’m assuming the spring perches are weld on?
Can you recommend a place to buy the spring perches I only seen the 3” and the 6”.
thanks
That individual part would be a direct sale, they are not a mass produced item anymore, I'll gladly make another set. They were only used on 1.5" X Factor kits, and that sku set has been dropped.
Old 11-15-2018, 11:03 AM
JK Newbie

Since only the 1.5” x kit had those perches would I have to weld on different perches if I wanted to go to a bigger lift eventually?
I don’t see a part number on my rear lower arms but the sku number on the is RKJK15MT-4 are these too short for the one inch stretch?
I’ve determined I’ll only do the stretch if I don’t have to replace the arms.
Old 11-15-2018, 11:16 AM
Former Vendor

Since only the 1.5” x kit had those perches would I have to weld on different perches if I wanted to go to a bigger lift eventually?
I don’t see a part number on my rear lower arms but the sku number on the is RKJK15MT-4 are these too short for the one inch stretch?
I’ve determined I’ll only do the stretch if I don’t have to replace the arms.
The spring perches will work with any of our lift heights, they were only *required* with the 1.5" so, no, you would not need to change them again later.
Yes, the Max Travel kits that came with the lower arms ARE too short to push the axle back.
If this is a recently purchased kit, your retailer owes you proper components, no retailer of ours should be selling inventory that is over 6 years old.

Adam C
Old 11-15-2018, 11:22 AM
JK Newbie

Nice I bought it this summer. Would you be willing to exchange them? I don’t mind driving to ny and like that I can also get the perches from you too or otherwise I’m not gonna bother.
Old 11-15-2018, 12:48 PM
Former Vendor

Nice I bought it this summer. Would you be willing to exchange them? I don’t mind driving to ny and like that I can also get the perches from you too or otherwise I’m not gonna bother.
Call ME at the shop, we will make it work. 518-270-9822

Adam C
Old 11-15-2018, 01:50 PM
JK Newbie

Default Adventure Series

Hey guys,
​​​​​​Is the max travel discontinued now? Has the adventure series taken its place?
Anyone running an adventure series lift yet?

Cheers
Old 11-20-2018, 06:32 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Npeeps
Hey guys,
​​​​​​Is the max travel discontinued now? Has the adventure series taken its place?
Anyone running an adventure series lift yet?

Cheers
Max travel is not discontinued, Adventure Series is a line that parallels our X Factor series with a bit more vibration dampening material in the arms, brake line drop brackets (where applicable) and more simple rear sway bar links, this makes install faster too.

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members