Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members

Old 03-17-2019, 03:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 4.5 in xfactor mid arm lift

I installed this lift kit yesterday and when I finished i noticed that the front sits lower than the rear i had 3 in lift springs up in front and the jeep used to be higher in the front and the rear is still missing the 10 degree wedges and the front is missing the front trackbar relocation bracket for the high steer kit that did not come with the lift even though it said it is included i don't know would these parts help the jeep get more level or the front springs are the wrong ones cause it's barely fitting the 315 70r17 how could it fit 37 and i think that the front coils might be the wrong ones cause the kit came with instructions for a 1.5 to 3.5 xfactor lift and also missing the 3/8 self tapping screws ?? I don't know but is it normal that the front is way lower than the rear even without the 10 degree wedges that could add lift to the rear ?? Please help.
Old 03-17-2019, 04:08 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Npeeps
Hi guys, Just installed the 2.5 max travel recently.

After setting my rear upper CA straight in the bracket and torquing everything down, it seems to sit cockeyed after driving.

Lengths are set as per recommendation for 2.5" lift and have had an alignment. Is this normal?

after driving

after driving

I would loosen the jam nut and straighten the joint out. I is a pain to get perfect. It looks like RK has a couple of flats ground or machined in so you could actually hold the arm while reefing on the jam nut.

Last edited by jadmt; 03-17-2019 at 04:48 PM.
Old 03-17-2019, 04:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Jadmt, that is what I did when I first looked under, and set her nice and straight again then I look under and it's all sideways again like it's not returning to a nice neutral position. I can grab it with my hand and make it straight again
Old 03-18-2019, 07:10 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

@ Npeeps The arm will roll in the bracket, it is not a concern, it still has 120 degrees of misalignment available.
Old 03-18-2019, 07:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension
@ Npeeps The arm will roll in the bracket, it is not a concern, it still has 120 degrees of misalignment available.
Thanks lads! glad to hear it from the proverbial horses mouth. Have a great day
Old 03-18-2019, 07:18 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by G.A.H
I installed this lift kit yesterday and when I finished i noticed that the front sits lower than the rear i had 3 in lift springs up in front and the jeep used to be higher in the front and the rear is still missing the 10 degree wedges and the front is missing the front trackbar relocation bracket for the high steer kit that did not come with the lift even though it said it is included i don't know would these parts help the jeep get more level or the front springs are the wrong ones cause it's barely fitting the 315 70r17 how could it fit 37 and i think that the front coils might be the wrong ones cause the kit came with instructions for a 1.5 to 3.5 xfactor lift and also missing the 3/8 self tapping screws ?? I don't know but is it normal that the front is way lower than the rear even without the 10 degree wedges that could add lift to the rear ?? Please help.
Post or PM pictures please, lots of variables there. Who did you order through? What was the part numbers on the springs? what was the part number on the kit box? Tons of variables to sort out.
Old 03-18-2019, 10:02 AM
JK Newbie

Post or PM pictures please, lots of variables there. Who did you order through? What was the part numbers on the springs? what was the part number on the kit box? Tons of variables to sort out.
I bought the X factor 4.5 in mid arm from Northridge4x4 without shocks the way i could tell that the front is lower than what it used to be is the steering wheel is now turned half way to the driver side i don't have a lot of pictures when I'm back home on the weekend i will provide you with more or if i could have someone take some pictures for me the kit box was missing the front trackbar and the 10 degree wedges and the self tapping bolts which I did buy from a hardware store but what i think is that something was packed wrong and what i have for the front is for a lower than 4.5 in lift even though from the picture you can tell i have the high steer drag link the number on the front springs is rk06013

Last edited by G.A.H; 03-20-2020 at 11:06 AM.
Old 03-18-2019, 10:30 AM
Former Vendor

Was there packing tape over the label? The packaging sure looks that way, that would indicate it got ransacked somewhere in transit. PM me your name and order number from Northridge and a contact number. Either a rep from Northridge or I will call you directly and get you the missing components.

As for the front springs, we had a batch of 4.5" (4 door) fronts that came to us wrong from our spring manufacturer and wasn't caught by our packers until after some had shipped. You may have gotten one of them. They will be stamped with the correct part number but will not be to the design of that part, they were all stamped RK06013. Easiest way to tell is, how many dead coils are stacked on the top of the front spring? If you have a hard time judging, snap a picture of the spring in the vehicle at ride height and we can tell at a second's glance. If the springs are wrong, we will send you a correct set out immediately. 13 sets are believed to have gone out wrong, most have been found and replaced.
Old 03-18-2019, 10:55 AM
JK Newbie

Was there packing tape over the label? The packaging sure looks that way, that would indicate it got ransacked somewhere in transit. PM me your name and order number from Northridge and a contact number. Either a rep from Northridge or I will call you directly and get you the missing components.

As for the front springs, we had a batch of 4.5" (4 door) fronts that came to us wrong from our spring manufacturer and wasn't caught by our packers until after some had shipped. You may have gotten one of them. They will be stamped with the correct part number but will not be to the design of that part, they were all stamped RK06013. Easiest way to tell is, how many dead coils are stacked on the top of the front spring? If you have a hard time judging, snap a picture of the spring in the vehicle at ride height and we can tell at a second's glance. If the springs are wrong, we will send you a correct set out immediately. 13 sets are believed to have gone out wrong, most have been found and replaced.
The boxes had the rock krawler tape on them when i received them from Northridge4x4 and the instructions in the kit box where for 1.5 to 3.5 in lift which led me to believe that something was wrong with packaging and the parts for a different lift were placed in the wrong box here's a picture of the springs but I'm not in the states at the moment so i can't call you but i did contact Northridge Saturday about the missing parts and they said that they will talk to you and get the missing parts for me and i asked him when will they arrive or if i can pay for one day shipping and get them shipped as soon as possible and he never replied

Last edited by G.A.H; 04-26-2020 at 04:06 PM.
Old 03-18-2019, 11:00 AM
JK Newbie

that's my order number from Northridge4x4

Last edited by G.A.H; 03-20-2020 at 11:21 AM.

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members