Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members - Page 93 - JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members

Old 12-20-2018, 02:16 PM
JK Newbie

I gave it a workout last weekend. This is where I found out it takes a beating....but also hits the body mounts.

Old 12-21-2018, 05:44 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
RockKrawler Representative

Hell yeah, looks great!
Old 03-15-2019, 05:29 AM
JK Newbie

Thinking of doing a 3.5" X Factor kit to my JK 2 door. What is the optimum wheel and tire size?
Old 03-15-2019, 06:07 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Ocotillo Boy View Post
Thinking of doing a 3.5" X Factor kit to my JK 2 door. What is the optimum wheel and tire size?
You pick a lift to accommodate tire size not the other way around. Lifting for the sake of lifting does little for you except empty your wallet. Any lift that raises the vehicle 3.5" should accommodate a 37x12.5" tire on a 3.5-4" back spaced wheel. 17" wheels will give you the most options in tires to run. IF you are to run 37's at 3.5"+ of lift expect to do some axle reinforcement/upgrades, drive shafts, high steer, and new axle gears.
Old 03-15-2019, 10:41 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
RockKrawler Representative

Great answers from Dirtman.

The real question is, what size tires do you want to run and what do you do with your Jeep?
Old 03-16-2019, 08:19 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TheDirtman View Post
You pick a lift to accommodate tire size not the other way around. Lifting for the sake of lifting does little for you except empty your wallet. Any lift that raises the vehicle 3.5" should accommodate a 37x12.5" tire on a 3.5-4" back spaced wheel. 17" wheels will give you the most options in tires to run. IF you are to run 37's at 3.5"+ of lift expect to do some axle reinforcement/upgrades, drive shafts, high steer, and new axle gears.

i would like to run 37's for ground clearance but I'm not sure the optimum backspace I should use is what I was trying to ask.

I should have phrased it better.

I am bouncing back between 35's though.

Old 03-16-2019, 08:31 AM
JK Jedi

For a 37x12.5" tire you should be looking at 3"-3.5" BS. It really has nothing to do with width. Ideally you would run a 9" wheel with 4.5" BS for good steering and run a wider axle. Throwing that big heavy tire that far out is tough on the unit bearings and ball joints.
Old 03-16-2019, 08:32 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension View Post
Great answers from Dirtman.

The real question is, what size tires do you want to run and what do you do with your Jeep?
i want to be able to get through a fair share of trails without a lot of drama. Doesn't really matter what I do to it because it's not my daily driver. It's just a toy.

im torn between the 3.5 X factor midarm w/ 35's and the 3.5 X factor long arm w/ 37's and flat fenders
Old 03-17-2019, 06:31 AM
JK Freak

I'm looking for extended and collapsed lengths of 2.25 RRD shocks for 3.5" lift. Rear jk. Need to compare against my 10" travel 2.0 RRD w/resi shocks.

Anyone know?
Old 03-17-2019, 12:45 PM
JK Newbie

Default Max Travel Install

Hi guys, Just installed the 2.5 max travel recently.

After setting my rear upper CA straight in the bracket and torquing everything down, it seems to sit cockeyed after driving.

Lengths are set as per recommendation for 2.5" lift and have had an alignment. Is this normal?

after driving

after driving

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: