Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members

Old 12-11-2019, 10:11 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

[QUOTE=Rock Krawler Suspension;4354319]Adventure Series has been around for almost 2 years in production, in testing for a long time before that. It has fixed lowers so no jam nuts to worry about on the arms and has quite a bit more bushing material than the X Factor series which results in a bit more of a plush on road ride. The series 2 has adjustable rear uppers while the series 1 uses factory uppers. The series 2 has the ability to fine tune the rear pinion angle which helps to better support weight and get the springs to truly stand up as they should. The determination in how critical that is, is up to you, it is something you can always add later if you started with a series 1.

The X Factor tends to be the choice of most offroad enthusiasts, who also tend to be the ones doing videos...[/QUOTE

Thanks RK! Bought the series 2 can't wait
The following users liked this post:
Rock Krawler Suspension (12-12-2019)
Old 04-26-2020, 03:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently purchased a 2009 JKU with a rock krawler 3 link long arm (I believe part number is JK35XFLA4). It also has Evo bolt on King 12” coilovers.

I’d like to do a high steer kit on it, like your RK04505. My question is, the long arm kit came with an adjustable track bar that is nearly all the way compressed as far as adjustment goes; would the high steer kit work with this track bar? It’s the one included in the kit I mentioned above. Seems like it’s going to be far too long once the track bar bracket is raised a bit.

If my current bar is too long, which size bar should I get with the steering kit? Thanks!

Matt
Old 04-28-2020, 06:11 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Mgh20180
I recently purchased a 2009 JKU with a rock krawler 3 link long arm (I believe part number is JK35XFLA4). It also has Evo bolt on King 12” coilovers.

I’d like to do a high steer kit on it, like your RK04505. My question is, the long arm kit came with an adjustable track bar that is nearly all the way compressed as far as adjustment goes; would the high steer kit work with this track bar? It’s the one included in the kit I mentioned above. Seems like it’s going to be far too long once the track bar bracket is raised a bit.

If my current bar is too long, which size bar should I get with the steering kit? Thanks!

Matt
All of our track bars will reach factory dimension which is what would be used on a 3" with high steer. Without knowing more about your setup, I can only say that if you are between 3 and 6" of lift you can go high steer with that track bar, assuming that you have a factory axle or a replacement using factory style mounts.
Old 05-25-2020, 07:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Which long arm kit is your that most people like, safer to install and budget friendly. I am looking a 3.5 lift. Will that be enought for 37s? Also, I have MC flat fenders, Adams front and rear drive shafts, G2 axle RJ Dana60, and Tera Prorock 44 front axle. Will certain kits not work on this ?
Old 05-26-2020, 06:00 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

IF you already have the MC fenders you should be looking at A metal cloak lift with the 6 pack shocks. Even the short arm MC will give you way more flex and a better ride than any of the RK lifts either long or short. Your axles should not be an issue.
Old 05-26-2020, 06:51 PM
JK Newbie

I read so many reviews on long arm comparisions to short arm kits such as metal cloak. Despite the headache of the cost money and installing these, people love them. Even the Game Changer. I have installed parts in the past where I wished I went another route, such as my previous Rugged Ridge fenders, so I rather go with the Long Arms. I just met a few who just installed them and loves it.
Old 05-26-2020, 07:06 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Metal Cloak makes a long arm kit too and it is much better than RK. More travel and better ride. Their lock and load takes the bind out of the front the rear brackets give you better geometry over anything RK has to offer. BTW I don't have a Metal Cloak on lift on my rig.
Old 05-27-2020, 03:26 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Metal Cloak makes a long arm kit too and it is much better than RK. More travel and better ride. Their lock and load takes the bind out of the front the rear brackets give you better geometry over anything RK has to offer. BTW I don't have a Metal Cloak on lift on my rig.
They only do 4.5 or above inch lift kits. Looking for a 3.5 but I'll consider 4.
Old 05-27-2020, 06:07 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Did you call them and ask for a long arm with the 3.5" coils? They will work with you and set up whatever you want.
Old 05-27-2020, 01:28 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Did you call them and ask for a long arm with the 3.5" coils? They will work with you and set up whatever you want.
I did call them. They said nothing with what you said. They only said that they don't do under 4.5 because its not necessary.

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members