Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rock Slider / Rocker Protection

Old 05-14-2019, 04:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rock Slider / Rocker Protection

New Jeep owner here and new to the off-road world, let alone modding world. I have a 2016 lifted JK with no Rocker Protection. Was planning on getting a Rock Slider that acts as protection and a step. The only issue, any Rock Sliders that look cool only mount to bushing bolts and not to the frame bolts, plus they don't cover the pinch seam.

My question, does anyone know of any that does both? Or, can you get pinch seam armor and a Rock Glider combo?

I plan to also get some A Pilar Hand Grips.
Old 05-14-2019, 05:13 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,818 Likes on 1,588 Posts

Besides a slider, you should really add rocker armor before you jack that area up. It's much easier to drill holes in to nice pretty sheet metal than it is to try to cover damage up. You're not going to like this price, but I'd suggest the PSC Brawler Rockers which incorporate rocker armor in to the slider. The EVO version is really nice too for the JKU, but I'm not sure they make a JK model.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:09 AM
JK Newbie

I need something to double as a step, I'm 5'8", don't know the lift height of this jeep, but I have to go practically knee to chest to get in it lol. I use the steering wheel as a "grab bar" right now.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:14 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,818 Likes on 1,588 Posts

Those double as a step as well, much more so than sliders that angle up tight to the body. btw, when offroading, grabbing the wheel to get in is a bad habit. Sometimes you can be in a precarious situation on a trail, get out, and when you get back in your hand will instinctively reach for the steering wheel, and it is possible that could have dire consequences. Way back when, that very thing happened to me. Almost dropped a jeep on myself. If you're going to get in to even moderate wheelin, consider some a-pillar mounted grab bars of some sort.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Look at the JCR Classic sliders. They angle out at 45 and can double as a step. Also attach the pinch seem.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:21 AM
JK Newbie

Yeah, I have a pair of steel A-pillar grab bars picked out from ExtremeTerrain, they're about $100 and got great reviews.
Old 05-14-2019, 12:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

I just ordered a set of JCR Crusader sliders that include rocker armor and boat-sided rock sliders. They bolt to the body bolts, act as a step, include rock lights, and are powder coated. I liked the way they looked a little better than the Poison Spyder rockers.
Old 05-14-2019, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

The JCR's are cool but you absolutely want to start with straight metal. I installed a set on my friend's Jeep after he crushed the panel below the door. They weren't fun to do, but extremely functional. They make a great step and they actually keep more of the debris off of the Jeep vs a standard Rubicon rail or even the Ace rails. The clearance and lights are bonus in my book.
Old 05-14-2019, 06:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

You should look into White Knuckle Offroad ( https://white-knuckleoffroad.com/jeep-jk/ ). Rock sliders are the only thing they make. They are made to order, bunch of different options and bolt/weld to the frame. Love mine, have taken the full weight of the Jeep coming down on obstacles no problem.

Can't say enough good things about them.Click image for larger version

Name:	photo27.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	677371
Old 05-15-2019, 04:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts

I have a 4 door and have the Metalcloak Overland Rocker and Flip Step. They did great on a wheeling trip to Moab last October. I came down hard on them a couple times and have had no problems. They also make them for the 2 door. https://metalcloak.com/jeep-jk-wrang...jk-2-door.html

Last edited by chiapeteater; 05-15-2019 at 04:31 AM.

Quick Reply: Rock Slider / Rocker Protection