Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rock Slider time for my 2dr JK!

Old 03-21-2017, 06:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Rock Slider time for my 2dr JK!

I'm in the market from some good rock sliders that will not damage my body! The frame mounts I have are not working out. PLUS I might want to go to long arms one day, so I really don't want to weld on mounts to the frame.

I'm 90% sure I'm going with PSC Rocker Knockers, body mounted. Can anyone give me some evidence that I should or not? What other sliders are out there where I can run long arms and still protect the body? TIA!

Click image for larger version

Name:	side.jpg
Views:	815
Size:	825.3 KB
ID:	668792
Old 03-21-2017, 08:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I enjoy my Ace Engineering sliders. They are installed on the body mounts. I have read stories of people coming down really hard on them and damaging the body, but they fit under the Rubicon rails so I believe that takes care of the issue. They also stick out far enough to be a usable step.

On that note, if you're going with body mounted why not just get a stock set of Rubicon rails?
Old 03-21-2017, 09:20 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Smudgeontheglass
I enjoy my Ace Engineering sliders. They are installed on the body mounts. I have read stories of people coming down really hard on them and damaging the body, but they fit under the Rubicon rails so I believe that takes care of the issue. They also stick out far enough to be a usable step.

On that note, if you're going with body mounted why not just get a stock set of Rubicon rails?
Stock Rubi rails will not hold up with how I use them. I've also heard too many and know these people, who have bent up their Ace rails, so they're out too.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:34 AM
JK Junkie

Welcome to the group skulldaddy.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run Pure Jeep rock rails on my 2 door with a long arm lift.

PUREJEEP: PJ3000: JEEP JK 2-DOOR ROCKER SKIDS, rocker guards

They are tucked up close to the body.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:47 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

I had LoD sliders on my jkur and they were solid. they took a beating and kept on ticking. I will put a set on my new jkr as well.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:54 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Gman*2007
Welcome to the group skulldaddy.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by StripyMonkey
I run Pure Jeep rock rails on my 2 door with a long arm lift.

PUREJEEP: PJ3000: JEEP JK 2-DOOR ROCKER SKIDS, rocker guards

They are tucked up close to the body.
I already rocker armor, so those are out.

Originally Posted by jadmt
I had LoD sliders on my jkur and they were solid. they took a beating and kept on ticking. I will put a set on my new jkr as well.
The LOD's are frame mounted and I want to leave room for long arms in the future.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

VKS sliders will work with a long arm setup, call Vick and let him know what you think you'll be running. He can modify the mounting point arms so they do not interfere with your long arm kit and still allow you to weld them on. If you wheel hard and dont want body/tub damage, you should really be considering weld on - frame mounted, modified to fit your long arm.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skulldaddy
Thanks!

I already rocker armor, so those are out.
I saw that in your picture, but I thought I'd mention them. With what you already have the PSC would be a good choice.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

White Knuckle Off-Road makes extremely sturdy frame mounted sliders, as the sliders are made to order, in sure they would have no problem adjusting the front mounting mount to make them work with long arms if you give them a call. Super nice people. Great product. I think it took about 4 weeks for mine to come in shipped from Cali to Texas.

Quick Reply: Rock Slider time for my 2dr JK!