Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker protection?

Old 02-02-2007, 10:24 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
I'm installing my purejeep rockers tommorrow...I'll get some pics up.
Where did you get the PureJeep rockers? Called Quadra and Northridge and both say end of Feb for those...

Heck Quadra has nothing in stock....just parts listed on their web site....but after you place your order you will find out they are back ordered with no definitive ETA
Old 02-02-2007, 11:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shrockworks
Mounting to the frame AND the body is a bad idea. The two move independently of each other. That's why the body mounts are rubber.
Thanks for the brain check. I will definitely take a look at your frame mounted sliders when you release them. I hate the way most of the current ones mount, as you said... doesn't seem like a good idea if you are actually going to bang them on something.

I thought for sure someone else had some that were frame & body mounted, but I can't for the life of me remember where I saw them.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:15 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by mbrown2
Where did you get the PureJeep rockers? Called Quadra and Northridge and both say end of Feb for those...

Heck Quadra has nothing in stock....just parts listed on their web site....but after you place your order you will find out they are back ordered with no definitive ETA
4wd hardware is using my jeep as their own project JK, My wife works there. They treat us very good.,

I got them mounted today. I must say its a very sturdy setup. I'll be working on a write up tonight
Old 02-02-2007, 01:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Does anyone know when Poison Spyder Customs is going to be releasing their rocker guards that they showcased on a bunch of vehicles at SEMA?
Old 02-02-2007, 03:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
4wd hardware is using my jeep as their own project JK, My wife works there. They treat us very good.,

I got them mounted today. I must say its a very sturdy setup. I'll be working on a write up tonight
Did you take any pictures with the new rockers? I didn't see them in your gallery.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:25 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by JK4ME
Did you take any pictures with the new rockers? I didn't see them in your gallery.
Of course.. look at the bestop one..

I'm working the write up..should be up sometime soon.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Got it. Looks sharp.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shrockworks
We just finished our rail style rock sliders. We went with a frame attachment for these, so there will be zero question of their durability. I'll send Wayoflife a teaser pic and some info later today when the sun comes up and I can take some pics. More will follow early next week.
Are you going to be like everyone else and just do the 4dr first, then get around to the 2dr in the "spring"? I am in need of some frame mounted rails for my 2dr and just about ready to take some welding lessons and make my own.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:12 PM
JK Newbie

I spoke a bit to All J's people and those Boulderbars for the 4Dr JKs should be available soon....
I have their KJ version and those are rock solid...

http://boulderbars.com/tjboulderbars.htm
Old 02-02-2007, 09:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dougr5150
Are you going to be like everyone else and just do the 4dr first, then get around to the 2dr in the "spring"? I am in need of some frame mounted rails for my 2dr and just about ready to take some welding lessons and make my own.
no sh!t i want to see the 4 dr people begging for products. jeep was built on the blood of the 2 dr premise. I WANT ANSWERS!!!

Quick Reply: Rocker protection?