Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rough Country 3.25 Lift with High Performance 2.2 shocks

Old 07-31-2010, 05:39 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Microday
Just installed yesterday with 35s. Will post once I shoot pictures, ride is much smoother then expected.
I too just installed this lift yesterday and 35s today. Having upgraded from a TeraFlex 2.5" Budget Boost I must say I am impressed with how the lift fills out my Jeep. With the budget boosts those pucks give you a fixed amount of lift, and in my mind I only expected this lift to be about 3/4" taller... but I guess those springs (depending on vehicle weight) can and do give a littler larger of a lift.

As far as completeness goes, I am pleased it came with a rear track bar relocation bracket, I just wish it also came with a front one as well. I love the fact that I get all new shocks with this lift, especially considering it's price.

Thing only thing not included in the lift that I felt was a must was extended brake lines. I had the brake line drop brackets with my TeraFlex BB and those factory lines didn't have much room to spare. So between the lift being slightly larger and the 35s I felt like it was foolish not to buy extended brake lines.

So far I haven't driven the Jeep much since the install, been very busy plus I still need to align the front end.... but, I can say that the claims of how rough the ride is with the Rough Country lifts is GREATLY exaggerated, I find the ride to be very nice and actually more enjoyable than the factory springs... just my 2-cents though.
Old 07-31-2010, 05:45 PM
JK Junkie

Here are some pics of my Jeep after installing 35s and the R/C 3.25 lift:

Last edited by u-joint; 07-31-2010 at 07:35 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 07-31-2010, 06:11 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jwhitehorn
Here are some picks of my Jeep after installing 35s and the R/C 3.25 lift:

That does look awesome! So you didn't end up getting a front adj. track bar?
Old 07-31-2010, 07:24 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jmoschgat
That does look awesome! So you didn't end up getting a front adj. track bar?
Thanks

No, no adjustable front track bar yet. I am going to drive it a while and see how she does. Ideally I'd feel better if I had one, but for the price of the kit it's hard to argue. Eventually I will buy one. I see Northridge 4x4 has the JKS adjustable for $144, which dones't sound like a bad upgrade when more Jeep funds roll around.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:44 PM
JK Newbie

Default 6 spd

I see you are waiting to install 5.13s. How are the stock gears running with your 6spd and 35s? After I get the lift and my STTs get worn out, I plan on 35s.. just trying to get a feel for how soon i would have to regear.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:51 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jmoschgat
I see you are waiting to install 5.13s. How are the stock gears running with your 6spd and 35s? After I get the lift and my STTs get worn out, I plan on 35s.. just trying to get a feel for how soon i would have to regear.
Do you currently have 3.21s or 3.73s?

My Jeep came stock with 3.21s, and I must say the 35s are UNBEARABLE with such high gears. Being a standard transmission I am just using a little more clutch, but even then it has zero power. I couldn't imagine taking it off road in it's current configuration.

I am planning on installing the 5.13s one week from today, and that couldn't come soon enough. So my advise for you is to just calculate that into the price of 35s, it sucks but you'll regret it if you don't re-gear.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:01 PM
JK Newbie

I am not 100% sure which gears I have. Whichever come stock with the sahara unlimited. I had been adding the regear price in with the tires, however.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the kit and I installed it on my new 2010 unlimited rubicon. I added 35 Dick Cepek FCII's. It went in very well. I did not use the front brake line drop brackets as they would not work without butchering the lines. If I( wheel it at some point, I will get extended front brake lines. I tok the vehicle to have it aligned and the factory made no adjustments as it was still in factory specs. I would question that but it tracks smoothly and straight, no abnormal wear on the tires and it handles very well for a small 4x4 on 35 inch by 12.50 wide tires.
I added no additional components but will most likely add a better steering stabilizer as a personal preference.
I do not wheel my Jeep as there is not much in this area to wheel on and it is my daily driver.
Tim
Old 08-04-2010, 11:37 AM
JK Newbie

Lift should be here tomorrow. Installing Fri or Sat. Will Post pics then!
Old 08-04-2010, 11:54 AM
JK Freak

My 3.25" RC lift and 35's go next week....I'll post up some pics when I get her back!

Quick Reply: Rough Country 3.25 Lift with High Performance 2.2 shocks