Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rough Country 4" and 6" lifts x-seriies lifts

Old 02-07-2012, 06:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough Country 4" and 6" lifts x-seriies lifts

Hello everyone,

I have done a bunch of research on the RC x-series kits but I have yet find the info that I need/want.

Little background, I have owned/built a bunch of rigs from land rovers to ifs toyotas to straight axle conversions on one of my Toyotas. I have lived in Colorado, Alaska, California, and wheeled in most states in the west. Just recently I bought a 2009 Rubi JKU with a 6 speed and I cant leave it stock. I now reside in Texas (Houston area) where going out exploring the back woods is not as plentiful as what I'm used to so driving long distances is common. I also drive the jeep just about daily to work so road manners are important to me.
So what am I looking for? ............I have big plans for the jeep. From reenforcing the front axle to doing a Hemi or Chevy LS swap but for now I want to concentrate on the suspension.

I will be running 37's on stock wheels with spacers. I have researched just about every suspension system in the 4"-4.5" category. What I came up with are these possibilities: AEV, and Rough Country. I know what everyone is thinking, why Rough Country? Well this is where my question comes in.
The X-series lift is very inexpensive, compared to the two others, it comes with fully adjustable arms, springs shocks, track arm brackets, and optional control arm drop brackets like AEV. What I don't like about it is the drop pitman arm (too much stress on the gear box) so I'll get a steering flip from someone else.

So here is the question:

Can anyone, running an X-Series 4" or 6" lift, give me some feedback on ride quality of the kit i.e. ride-are the springs holding up, arms-how are they holding up, track bar brackets-are they strong like the others, etc? I really would like to get educational first hand feedback vs. Rough Country sucks, so that others can search and make a educated decision on their purchase also.

Thanks in advance. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Matt

Last edited by mr.duc; 02-07-2012 at 06:57 PM. Reason: blacklisted
Old 02-08-2012, 05:06 PM
JK Newbie

Any takers?
Old 02-08-2012, 09:11 PM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

If you want to talk suspension let us know! We're here for you to pick our brains. We have a ton of knock out products for the JK's.

RK
Old 02-09-2012, 08:35 PM
JK Newbie

I'm personally running the X-Series 6 inch lift and I don't like it. It was the worst money ever spent! I'm upgrading to the Teraflex 6" LCG Long Arm kit. The RC short arms constantly squeak and they will give your jeep the roughest ride. Plus I grease the bushing constantly and they still wear like there is no tomorrow. The kit is cheaply made save your money and buy something different don't make the same mistake I did. If you have anymore questions just PM me.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:51 PM
JK Newbie

Thats the answer I was looking for. The low price was/is suspicious. I'm going to go with the AEV. I'm probably just going to get the 4.5 AEV....I have done most of the 4+ trails in Moab in a 2 door Rubi with 35's and it did great so a 4 door with 37's will be perfect. thanks again for the replies guys.

Matt

Quick Reply: Rough Country 4" and 6" lifts x-seriies lifts