Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rough Country 4" X-Flex kit -- Jeep leans to the right

Old 12-21-2012, 07:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough Country 4" X-Flex kit -- Jeep leans to the right

Hello!

Just installed my 4" Rough Country X-FLEX kit with 37" Nitto Mud grapplers on a 2012 Unlimited. Overall.. I'm very happy with the kit. Installation was easy, and the arms seem to be built well.

The problem I ran into was with the rear Track bar. This kit comes with the relocation bracket, and retains the stock bar. Once finished, I noticed the jeep leans heavily to the right, so bad that it rubs when I make a left hand turn. At the moment, I do NOT have the sway bars attached, but it should still sit level while stationary. Despite lining up the bracket as rough country suggests, the axle is about 1.5-2" off center, poking out the drivers side. I assume this is what is causing the jeep to list to the right. (I hope that's all it is, anyway)

Has anyone else run into this problem? Is an adjustable rear track bar in my future?? Any particular brands?

Thanks for any input!
Old 12-22-2012, 05:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

I ran the 4in RC X-series on my 09 Unlimited. I had to order an adjustable rear track bar to get the axle recentered. I used a JKS. The Bracket helps but every jeep isn't exactly the same with weight. Also check to see if your rear right spring is contacting the track bar. Mine was when I first installed and had to adjust the arms to shift the axle forward just a bit and install spring wedges. After the first flex test the track bar manage to keep a coil trapped under it compressing the right rear spring a bit. My dumb fault for not looking closer after installing the lift.

Side note if you have a heavy rig. My springs settled about 3/4 of an inch in the rear after about 2 weeks. After 18 months they had sagged about 1.5 inches. I had a heavy rear bumper with tire carrier, pull pal, Hi-Lift, recovery gear, tools and other random stuff in my jeep all the time. A towed a trailer about once every two weeks. Not really the springs fault for sagging... I knew it would happen over time. Also watch the shocks mine started leaking at about 18 months. So I upgraded to Bilstein 5100 andl loved the ride with them.

Overall after adding the adjustable rear track bar and spring wedges the kit work great.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:32 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks you for your input!

Track bar clearance is tight, but it makes it.

Would the track bar being too long and the no rear-sway combo make it lean this much?

I think I'll try that same track bar
Old 12-22-2012, 08:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know that jks have a lean & once you Lift them the lean looks more pronounced buy never as bad as your describing & mine does lean more with the sway bar diconnected
Old 12-22-2012, 04:06 PM
JK Newbie

Ok. Guess I'll try the adjustable track bar and go from there.
Thanks for the responses.

Here's a picture of the new tires (From the high side, lol)

Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep37.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	400890
Old 12-22-2012, 06:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the 4" x-series with no problems if your axel is that far off center. id say adjustable track bar! I wouldn't even drive like that most likely it will wear your new tires out pretty quick. the shocks aren't great but they will do till I upgrade
Old 12-23-2012, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Get an adjustable track bar for the rearrear

Quick Reply: Rough Country 4" X-Flex kit -- Jeep leans to the right