Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RpmExtreme 2012+ LS Conversion Discusion

Old 08-14-2016, 11:27 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RpmExtreme 2012+ LS Conversion Discusion

We have been getting a ton of calls and interest in the 2012+ LS conversion so I figured it would be a good thread to start and get some info out. We have been developing the kit and testing aspects that are unique to the 12+ JK compared to the earlier one.

I will say that the basic swap is pretty much the same and most of the wiring and electronics are the same. The 12+ will have more wires to splice in compared to the 7-11 but it's in 1 location and really strait forward.

We are working on some cool "extra" features that will make our swaps stand out compared to the competition.

"Winch mode" a cool idle up feature for when your winching.
"Tow Haul" GM tow haul mode.
"Performance Shift" A selectable performance shift mode.
"Alternator Voltage Regulation" we can program the alternator charging rate.
"2nd Gear Start" very useful for mud, sand and snow.
"Steering Wheel TAP Shift" TAP shift via steering wheel buttons.
"AC Idle bump" we can increase the idle before the AC kicks in.
"Vacuum Pump Controls" we can control the vacuum pump to help with braking.
"Intercooler Pump Controls" we can control an intercooler pump if you ever add a supercharger.
"AC Overide" we shut down the AC compressor if the engine gets too hot or the AC pressures are out of spec.
"PRNDL" we display a full shift display with 1-6 gears indicated during TAP shifts including Jeeps that were originally manuals. (Upgrade needed)
"Cruise Control" full cruise control using the factory switch. No modifying the cluster or the switch.
"PWM Fan" full control of the PWM fan with bi directional controls. meaning you can use a scan tool to monitor and test just like a factory Jeep.
"Check Engine Light" Fully functional MIL light. No modifying your cluster.
"Auto AC" Both auto and manual AC systems work flawlessly as designed from Chrysler. No need to modify your stock HVAC controls.
"Reverse Light" fully functional backup lamps for Jeeps that were originally 6speed manual. Auto Jeeps work as well and never had a issue.
"4wd Low" we send a 4wd low signal via the canbus to the GM ECU so it knows your in low range and will adjust shifting, GM speed input and shift points. We can setup a custom shift pattern tailered to your setup and drive style.

These are just some of the features. If there are any features you would like for us to incorporate feel free to comment here or drop us a message. We have the tools and the talent to implement some cool stuff so use your imagination and we will throw some stuff at the wall and see what sticks.

Currently this kit is in the testing phase and is not available to the public. Once we finalize the build we will set a release date and start shipping kit. There is no set ETA as of yet but my goal is to be shipping by the end of the year. 2015 2016 2017 kit may be slightly different and take a little longer to release as we need to install a few in house first and make sure our EZCANbus module will work with the incripted Jeep ECU.
Old 09-14-2016, 06:07 PM
Former Vendor

Here is a little teaser of the new 12+ LS swap for the Jeep JK. We have been doing these in house for a while and we are very close to releasing our 12+ DIY kit.

Here is a preview of the new 12+ harness and how it lays out. 100% brand new and hidden out of the way. Fully CANbus supported.

Old 10-02-2016, 06:34 AM
JK Newbie

I have a 2012 JKU with 35's and 3" lift with 3.21 gears. My plan is to have the LS3 swap next year but I will be regearing next month. Also, after the swap, I will be towing a small enclosed motorcycle trailer with a Harley. I rarely off road in anything serious, mostly beach and light trails. With that, which gears do you recommend with your swap, 4.10 or 4.56?

PS: Have family in Gardendale so would like to visit your shop in the near future.
Old 10-02-2016, 11:37 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 121Ranger
I have a 2012 JKU with 35's and 3" lift with 3.21 gears. My plan is to have the LS3 swap next year but I will be regearing next month. Also, after the swap, I will be towing a small enclosed motorcycle trailer with a Harley. I rarely off road in anything serious, mostly beach and light trails. With that, which gears do you recommend with your swap, 4.10 or 4.56?

PS: Have family in Gardendale so would like to visit your shop in the near future.
Honestly I would go with 4.10 if your planning on running 35's and a LS3. It will do great on the highway and pull the trailer without issue. I would probably do a big brake upgrade to help with the trailer.

For 37's we usually go 4.56. But a strong LS3 could still run 4.10 on 37's
Old 10-23-2016, 07:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jon, appericate the list for the install....

I have started gathering the parts to do this swap (Crate ls3 and 6l80e) on my 2016 JKUR currently. I have been using the parts list and just marking the items off as I purchased them.

Have a few questions so far on the ls3 swap

With the GM ls3 crate motor, I assume I don't need to purchase the listed flexplate, bolts, oil dipstick tube, oil dipstick indicator, exhaust manifolds, oil fill tube and oil cap.. as they come with the motor?

Do I need to purchase the listed Harmonic Balancer Truck-Camaro #12617538...? Seem to be out of stock from the few places I looked.

The crate LS3 motor comes with a balancer, is it the correct one for the Chevrolet Performance 19299070, F-Body Style Accessory Drive System With Power Steering, Without A/C?

Does the AC compressor off the Jeep get installed on the LS3? Any additional parts, lines or brackets here for the conversion?

Which oil filter block-off adapter do I need? I assume the one with a port is to run a optional oil cooler or aftermarket oil pressure gauge?

Which GM Control Module do I need to purchase? I guess the 2010-2013 5.3-6.2 module for the GM crate motor ls3?

Which radiator hose do I need for the ls3 crate motor?

Which transmission cooler is preferred for the install, there are two listed?

Thanks for all the help.

Last edited by Extremneon; 10-25-2016 at 05:35 AM.
Old 12-22-2016, 12:27 PM
JK Newbie

Very interested. Do you have any comments about CARB compliance for us folks in California? Pricing available yet?
Old 12-23-2016, 06:27 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Mean 69
Very interested. Do you have any comments about CARB compliance for us folks in California? Pricing available yet?
We are actually going to be updating the website in the next few weeks with new products and pricing for the 2012+ conversions.

CARB is a good question. Our conversion harness includes all the emission connections. All 4 o2 sensors, Fuel level, Fuel Tank Pressure, EVAP Vent and Purge and with the programing in the EZcanbus module will allow all the monitors to run as the factory intended. With that being said, your doing a DIY conversion and will need to install proper components that will comply with CARB for the year, make & model of engine you will be installing. You will also have to be sure to run the proper ECU calibration. I would defiantly check in with your local CARB office before you start a conversion as the laws are different depending on where you live.

We are working on a CARB certified kit but as you know it takes a lot of hoops to jump thru. Don't expect it any time soon. In the meantime check with CARB for the requirements and you should be able to get it thru without much issue.

FYI: Most of our LS swap info and traffic is over on JKO Modified JK Tech Dept. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum we don't get to check out JK-FORUM as much.

Quick Reply: RpmExtreme 2012+ LS Conversion Discusion