Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rugged Ridge Snorkel

Old 07-15-2012, 05:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I finished my install last night. I think it looks pretty good, gonna get some pictures posted today. How long should I wait before driving it? The I got locktite rtv and it said it dried in an hour and would fully cure in 24 hours. Do I need to wait 24 hours before I drive the Jeep? I've never used RTV before and dont want to screw it up.

Thanks!
Old 07-15-2012, 06:47 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just don't drive your Jeep through any lakes for 24 hours and you will be fine

Old 07-15-2012, 07:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think I can manage that. Thanks.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:37 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did the install this weekend. It took about 5 or 6 hours (I took my time and followed the directions closely and ate wings & pizza).

The nutzert plate that sandwiches the snorkel and cowl was a bitch! Getting my hand in and under the cowl from around the hood sucked and made getting the screw closest to the windshield difficult!!! I hope my wiper motor lasts a LONG time, since I don't want to go through that part again. I'd rather cut fenders (that was kind of fun)...

Hopefully, they'll have replacement parts available to buy. I'd like to get another silicone elbow and get the fitment better around the box. It's not going anywhere, but I'd like another shot at trimming it. The flange on the box should have been made just a little bit longer (IMO).

I'm very pleased with the snorkel. Of course, haven't tried it out in water yet.

I decided to keep my windshield lights, so I'm sporting the lower intake for daily use--however, it's nice to know that I can throw the longer snorkel on if needed.

From the driver's seat, it sounds pretty cool with the doors off. I may be crazy, but thought that it had a little more pick up than normal. However, it's probably just the same as before and I was noting better acceleration since I was getting on it vs. my regular driving style.
Old 02-01-2016, 05:34 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by afpilot82
Definitely want to extend the breather hoses for the axles, t-case and transmission.
I'm going to do this. Only problem is I found the breather hoses for the front and rear. Where is the Breather hose for the T case?
Old 02-01-2016, 09:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Disregard my last
Old 04-20-2017, 02:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just wanted to give Rugged Ridge props for supporting their product. I bought this 4 years and 11 months ago. 40 days before the 5 year warranty was up I noticed a tiny crack in the plastic snorkel body, and 5 winters of salted roads had taken their toll on the fasteners. I snapped some pics, found my receipt, and openned a case with Rugged Ridge. Same day I was notified a replacement snorkel body was on it's way to me. Super friendly, super easy, took care of their customer.

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge Snorkel