Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rugged Ridge XHD Rock Sliders

Old 01-17-2018, 09:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rugged Ridge XHD Rock Sliders

Anyone here have any experience with the Rugged Ridge XHD rock sliders for a JKU? Looks like they have a pretty solid mounting system for not having to drill or weld. I'm looking for some rock sliders to replace the factory molded side steps that came on my Sahara. Any input on these or recommendations for non-welded rock sliders is highly encouraged.

https://www.extremeterrain.com/rr-xh...150417-18.html
Old 01-17-2018, 10:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by iron53man
Anyone here have any experience with the Rugged Ridge XHD rock sliders for a JKU? Looks like they have a pretty solid mounting system for not having to drill or weld. I'm looking for some rock sliders to replace the factory molded side steps that came on my Sahara. Any input on these or recommendations for non-welded rock sliders is highly encouraged.

https://www.extremeterrain.com/rr-xh...150417-18.html
I have no experience with these, but You can get much heavier duty, higher quality sliders for that money.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tjkamp
I have no experience with these, but You can get much heavier duty, higher quality sliders for that money.
The LoD signature sliders are also under consideration right now. Still trying to figure out what's going to be the most bang for the buck as far as quality and protectiveness.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

If you are considering the LODs (I have no experience with them either, but have heard nothing but good things), you might also consider White-Knuckle Offroad. I have these, and can vouch for them being virtually indestructible. They are made to order, and take about a month to get after you order them, but they are amazing!

http://white-knuckleoffroad.com/jeepjk.htm
Old 01-17-2018, 11:59 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm running LoD frame mounted sliders and they are (pardon the pun) Rock Solid!! I have rotated my Jeep off rocks to make hair pin turns with no issues. I highly recommend them. Install requires drilling and tapping and that's a pain but well worth it.
Old 01-17-2018, 12:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scooby snacks
I'm running LoD frame mounted sliders and they are (pardon the pun) Rock Solid!! I have rotated my Jeep off rocks to make hair pin turns with no issues. I highly recommend them. Install requires drilling and tapping and that's a pain but well worth it.
How was the installation? If I get those I'd probably employ help from a shop. I'm decent with tools, but drilling holes in the jeep gives me anxiety.
Old 01-17-2018, 12:07 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I clamped them on and used a spring loaded center punch in each of the holes. Next I removed the sliders and drilled pilot holes and then drilled them to size using a step bit. Tapping was a major pain in the butt... Do not use cheap Chinese crap to tap them... go to Grangier and get a real tap and handle. Spray liberally with WD40 or oil and go to town!! It took me and a friend about 4 hours to do both sides...

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge XHD Rock Sliders