Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Running 33s with no lift

Old 02-02-2013, 10:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Running 33s with no lift

I'm sure this has been asked before but searching didn't come up with much. I've finally found a wheel and tire combo that I can afford and like. I'm looking at putting 16" Level 8 Guardians with a 285/75/r16 Cooper Discover ATP tire on a stock 2012 JK Sport. My big concern is rubbing or smacking the fender on a dip. Do I need to worry with this combo? I plan on lifting in later, I just can't stand the stock look any longer.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:47 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

its been done. You will rub at full lock. Unless you put a couple of washers to your steer stops. Also don't expect to go over anything more than a Mall speed bump because you will rub on your fender. And don't even think about disconnecting your fronts at all. Get some flat fenders, leveling kit or both and you will be somewhat ok.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:50 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Most of it depends on your back spacing. You might rub on on LCA's too if the back spacing is not enough.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:52 AM
JK Newbie

There are some people that run that size and have no rub and some that say they have rub at full flex. I don't know what the backspacing or offset is on your rims but if it is more than 4.75 you will probably need wheel spacers.

There is a sticky at the top that should help you more.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:56 AM
JK Newbie

I run 33x12.50 cooper stt and stock rims with 1.5" wheel spacers it rubs at full flex sway bar disconnected only

Quick Reply: Running 33s with no lift