Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sahara Decal Design

Old 01-26-2007, 09:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sahara Decal Design

I have a silver Sahara, and I don't really like the tan Sahara decal that came on it. To me a silver vehicle should not have anything tan on it. The tan decal looks alright on other colors, but in addition to not liking the color, I really don't like the design either. I didn't even figure out that it was supposed to be sand dunes until I looked at the dealers a couple of times. I liked the older Sahara logos with the palm tree the better. I've thought about having some sort of custom decal made to replace it. I saw another thread where a guy had a star made to replace his X logo. Is anyone here thinking about replacing their Sahara decal, and has anyone actually gone so far as to design one?
Old 01-26-2007, 09:29 AM
JK Newbie

I'm not wild about it. However, the tan on the Red rock looks okay. The only thing I've considered is pulling it off. But I was waiting to see if would grow on me.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:49 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was hoping for a nice outline of Penelope Cruz.

I got sand dunes.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:59 AM
JK Junkie

Thumbs up Logo replacement POSSIBLY (circa late Feb. / early March)

Originally Posted by AJSJK
I'm not wild about it. However, the tan on the Red rock looks okay. The only thing I've considered is pulling it off. But I was waiting to see if would grow on me.
Hey folks -

I'm a programmer nowadays, but used to own my own graphic design business. I still dabble on the side. My Sahara's on order, and if I'm not happy with the sticker/logo, I may design something to replace it. IF I do, it'll be in a vector format (probably Adobe Illustrator), so it would be sign-shop ready...

So, IF I end up doing that, I'll be sure to share and post the design up here for your benefit. If you feel like commissioning some custom artwork in the meantime, PM me. :toung:
Old 01-26-2007, 10:03 AM
Eternal ***erator

Here it is up close:

a two-tone gray would have looked better on the silver, IMHO.

but then i guess it would resemble an oil slick more than a sand dune...
Old 01-26-2007, 10:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by MJS_Jeep_888
Hey folks -

if I'm not happy with the sticker/logo, I may design something to replace it.

So, IF I end up doing that, I'll be sure to share and post the design up here for your benefit. :toung:
That would be great!

I've even thought about using the latest TJ Sahara decal (solid color with palm trees), but I think it only came in silver, which probably wouldn't show up at all on my silver JK.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
Here it is up close:

a two-tone gray would have looked better on the silver, IMHO.

but then i guess it would resemble an oil slick more than a sand dune...
Looks like your decals weren't exactly applied straight. Mine are a little off too!
Old 01-26-2007, 10:25 AM
Eternal ***erator

Originally Posted by jckid
Looks like your decals weren't exactly applied straight. Mine are a little off too!
They aren't. But it is kinda cold right now & i doubt they would peel off, so for the interim they will stay.

Like most everyone else, i kinda want to put something different there.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go commando.....REMOVE ALL STICKERS...

Last edited by TexasChopper; 01-26-2007 at 11:20 AM.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:36 PM
JK Junkie

Talking Here goes - hope you enjoy it!

Originally Posted by jckid
That would be great!

I've even thought about using the latest TJ Sahara decal (solid color with palm trees), but I think it only came in silver, which probably wouldn't show up at all on my silver JK.
OK - I was feeling generous, and wanted to contribute to this awesome site, where I've gotten so much good information...

So, here's my contribution to my Jeepin' brothers and sisters. Maybe I'll find some time in the future to do other designs, but I think that this would work really well against a light color like silver (what was DCX thinking, putting tan on silver ). It's obviously based on the old Sahara logo, but then I gave the font and some of the minor details my own touch - I also recolored specifically for a light background application. If you want a vectorized version to take to a sign shop (to have decals made), let me know - free of charge.

This is my first attempt at an image post, so if my attempt at "click free" posting fails, I'd appreciate if someone could do a "click-free" repost. Hope you folks enjoy - let me know what you think.

Attachment 581

Attempt at "clickless pic":
[ATTACH][IMG]581[/IMG][/ATTACH]

Last edited by MJS_Jeep_888; 03-23-2007 at 05:53 PM.

Quick Reply: Sahara Decal Design