Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I get a Detroit Trutrac?

Old 08-27-2009, 10:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I get a Detroit Trutrac?

I am getting the gears and front carrier done on my 09 Jeep soon, will be going with 4.88 gears. My Jeep came with the optional Limited slip from the factory, I assume this option is rear only?

My Jeep is used most of the time for highway driving but will see some occasional sand and trails, and maybe some mud. Is it worth it to add a limited slip like the Detroit Trutrac to the front when I have the gears done? The installer has stated that he wouldn't change any extra to add one. I can't afford to do a $800 ARB air locker but could swing the Trutrac. Opinons or suggestions?
Old 08-27-2009, 11:54 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think the true trac would be a great choice for the front. Coupled with the factory BLD, it should come very close to a locker performance wise.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:26 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Yellow93
I am getting the gears and front carrier done on my 09 Jeep soon, will be going with 4.88 gears. My Jeep came with the optional Limited slip from the factory, I assume this option is rear only?

My Jeep is used most of the time for highway driving but will see some occasional sand and trails, and maybe some mud. Is it worth it to add a limited slip like the Detroit Trutrac to the front when I have the gears done? The installer has stated that he wouldn't change any extra to add one. I can't afford to do a $800 ARB air locker but could swing the Trutrac. Opinons or suggestions?
I put the Detroit True trac on the front and the Detroit Locker on the rear, everything works! The true trac is real smooth.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:37 PM
cfr
JK Freak

Originally Posted by planman
... They are fantastic all around. ...
How are these in the snow and ice?

Quick Reply: Should I get a Detroit Trutrac?