Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Show me flag pole mounts

Old 06-26-2017, 10:02 PM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by mhockey9090
Most definitely look at the requirements. For us around here its 8' off of the ground, not from vehicle bumper. This way you can easily order a flag pole off of amazon for pretty cheap or find one local in the 1/4 and use the tusk.
" All vehicles entering the Dunes must have mounted to their front bumper a 10-foot mast holding an international orange flag. With the rolling terrain, spotting a flag coming over a hill can avert collisions. The flags and masts are sold at many area businesses. "
Old 06-29-2017, 07:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just use the fog light mounting hole in the front of an aftermarket AEV bumper. Remove the foglight for the day and mount. Perfect diameter.
Old 07-01-2017, 06:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All great info for trail flags, but I am more interested in standard flag mounts to fly a 3x5 flag. There are trailer hitch mounts (they get expensive). Any other creative ideas? Seriously, I was at NJ Beach Invasion and almost every other Jeep was fly a standard size American flag. How are they mounted?
Old 07-03-2017, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mbogan
All great info for trail flags, but I am more interested in standard flag mounts to fly a 3x5 flag. There are trailer hitch mounts (they get expensive). Any other creative ideas? Seriously, I was at NJ Beach Invasion and almost every other Jeep was fly a standard size American flag. How are they mounted?
Standard flag pole mounting options are in abundance.

For standard size flag poles, I would have to think something like this should work well.
https://www.amazon.com/Valley-Forge-...lag+pole+mount

They also make similar mounts for boats that can be used for mounting on a round pole such as the role bars.
Such as this
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CV4JGS0...=20TXEAD6EBPRA
Old 09-26-2018, 01:58 PM
JK Newbie

Yep. right here. GR8 Innovations - "GR8 Mount". Its exactly what the Jeep market needed, finally!! Its easy to install, makes flying 3x5 super easy AND I CAN STILL USE MY TAILGATE.. check it out. Oh... and if you are at the beach, your surf rods and umbrellas can go in it too!

I can still open and close my tailgate with to without a flag pole installed!

www.gr8-innovations.com
The following users liked this post:
07WrangX (09-27-2018)
Old 09-26-2018, 02:03 PM
JK Newbie

Smile Best 3x5 flag flying solution

Sorry, I meant to quote and not reply, check my previous thread for the best solution I found to fly my 3x5 flag!
Old 09-26-2018, 02:05 PM
JK Newbie

I'm searching for several strong examples of flag pole mounts. I just came back from NJ Jeep Invasion and really loved all of the different ways everyone had mounted their flags. I'd love to get several examples and pics. I'm current tie wrapping mine to my fire stick antenna, but would rather have a more solid option. My rear bumper is a LOD shorty tailgate.

So, show me your setup. I'd like to fly one for July 4th!!!
www.gr8-innovations.com
Old 09-27-2018, 09:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JBulls17
What diameter pole can the mount fit?
Old 09-27-2018, 01:27 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 07WrangX
What diameter pole can the mount fit?
It can fit up to 1.5” thick (whatever) - wooden dowel, steel pole, aluminum pole, etc. I found it best to use a standard 1.25” dowel rod like you find in a closet. Get some screw in eyelets and a couple carribeaners for the flag and paint that bad boy up, good to go.
Old 09-28-2018, 03:25 AM
Super Moderator

I found solutions for both my rear flag and front flag mount for the dune requirements.

For the rear, I used the available extra mounting holes on my Teraflex brake light extension to attach 2 electrical conduit pipe holders. Then I just picked up a piece of 5ft length electrical conduit pipe for $2.00, cut to the length and mounted some flag attachment hardware to the pole.

As such (It's solid, works well, and simple to adjust the height of the pole as well as easy to install/remove). Best of all, I spent about $5 worth of hardware from Home depot for it.

Here's what I did for the front to go with my AEV bumper

Both flags mounted

Only problem I had was I took the rear flag down, left the pole mounted, took it to the drive through car wash, forgot the flag pole was still up and bent the pole over gong through the car wash entrance door. The good news, only the flag pole got damaged, where I'll have to spend another $2 on a piece of conduit pipe to replace it.

Last edited by Rednroll; 09-28-2018 at 03:35 AM.

Quick Reply: Show me flag pole mounts