JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   Single vs dual exhaust (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/single-vs-dual-exhaust-349969/)

josho66 04-14-2019 08:08 PM

Single vs dual exhaust

I’ve settled on Corsa for a new exhaust on my newly acquired 2013 JKU. Thoughts on single vs dual outlet? Pics? Shouldn’t be this difficult but can’t decide. Had both on trucks and like both for different reasons. Thanks.

DEJK2012 04-15-2019 04:55 AM

I have seen a lot of the dual exhausts get crushed when wheeling. Actually i have seen alot get crushed period :rotflmao2:. so i would keep that in mind if you wheel. I still run the stock exhaust just missing the muffler as it was ripped off one trip. so its now an axle dump. Dosent sound the greatest nut it works and i didn't wanna spend money.

resharp001 04-15-2019 09:05 AM

One thing about a lot of these mufflers is they make your jeep sound like a Honda Civic. Not sure what trucks you had that on previously or their engines, but you might be in for quite a different sound on the 3.6L Pentastar. Only bring it up cuz many seem disappointed blowing $500 or whatnot on something like that to end up with not a very impressive sound and a lot of drone. Also though, if you wheel the jeep, you're likely to squish those tips under the bumper. I personally don't like the dual tip look, but that is very subjective.

I have a cheap $35 Thrush welded muffler tucked up in the factory location. Even with a skinny bumper on back, it's not very noticeable. It doesn't sound annoying, and it's very functional. Cost me about $40 (cash) to have mom/pop shop mount it up. IMO, muffler should be function over form, but we all have our differences.

A lot of people will mount mufflers between the axles too. Not sure if you looked in to that, or would even be interested in that.

josho66 04-15-2019 11:18 AM

Well the last truck I had was a Ford Raptor with the 6.2L V8 so I know the Jeep will never sound like that. From the videos I hear the Corsa exhaust sounds pretty good. I hate to admit this but I don’t plan to do much over some dirt trails in the Jeep if that. Afraid I’ll get the single and then wish I got the dual. One is $490 and the other is $620 so don’t want to get it wrong. Corsa is amazing for no drone. I was going to go with the all black Magnaflow but saw a number of people complaining about drone.

resharp001 04-15-2019 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by josho66 (Post 4340119)
I hate to admit this but I don’t plan to do much over some dirt trails in the Jeep if that.

I grew up in Iowa, Atlantic,IA to be specific. Definitely not a lot of hard-core wheelin' all over the place. :wink: If you're set on it, I'd get the cheaper one. If there was a big difference in performance, might be a different story, but seems like you're just going for a little sound and shed that big ugly bloated thing hanging off the back end currently.

josho66 04-15-2019 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by resharp001 (Post 4340120)
I grew up in Iowa, Atlantic,IA to be specific. Definitely not a lot of hard-core wheelin' all over the place. :wink: If you're set on it, I'd get the cheaper one. If there was a big difference in performance, might be a different story, but seems like you're just going for a little sound and shed that big ugly bloated thing hanging off the back end currently.

Yes that’s what I’m looking to do. I’m just curious if one looks better. Didn’t want to regret going single and then want dual. From looking at all the available options it appears most for the JK are dual unless you want a true high tuck exhaust for wheeling. Yes not much here in Iowa. I enjoy a nice dirt road with a good view versus crawling up rocks. Thanks.

hornetman 04-15-2019 05:05 PM

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.jk-...55217a3ed.jpeg
For $300 not bad look & sound, haven’t crushed these yet...replaced my crushed stock muffler.