Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ski/Snowboard Rack Options for 2 door soft top JK

Old 02-06-2018, 08:33 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eh why not another update. I've removed my spare and put on a Kentrol Backside. Quick note on that product...it's awesome and so much cheaper than other methods of doing the same thing. Plus you don't have to source parts for lights as the license plate light and 3rd brake light are integrated.

That said it doesn't help with clearance on the rack. Door hits the rack when tilted by like 1/16" of an inch. I'm going to have my machine shop at work take a bit off the top of the rack so it clears with ease as well as the arm that lowers as it only lowers a bit and the door will hit that if it doesn't hit the rack.

Old 02-06-2018, 10:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

With the spare moved could you make a way to mount the rack direct to the tailgate?
Old 05-14-2018, 11:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by akpostal
With the spare moved could you make a way to mount the rack direct to the tailgate?
Interesting thought. I'm actually considering putting the spare back on though...not sure I dig the look with it off. With it on there I was thinking about a Thule bike rack that mounts to the spare though to replace the rack I have now. My neighbor has one on his RAV4 so I'm going to pop over and see if it would hold my ski racks.
Old 11-29-2018, 02:48 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Homemade

Used my old racks and some pvc. Unfortunately I just put new larger tires on. I either leave the old spare on or modify it. My picks won’t post

Last edited by Shub_31; 11-29-2018 at 03:25 AM. Reason: Insert pics
Old 11-29-2018, 08:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PVC

Quick Reply: Ski/Snowboard Rack Options for 2 door soft top JK