Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Skid Plates and HD Crossmembers

Old 06-16-2017, 07:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skid Plates and HD Crossmembers

Tying to verify if there are any issues with installing a set of RH oil pan and tranny skids AND an aftermarket HD crossmember. Thinking about going with PSC for the crossmember. Will these marry together? Is there a better combination out there?
Old 06-16-2017, 07:32 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,824 Likes on 1,594 Posts

Originally Posted by cjnomo
Tying to verify if there are any issues with installing a set of RH oil pan and tranny skids AND an aftermarket HD crossmember. Thinking about going with PSC for the crossmember. Will these marry together? Is there a better combination out there?
Can't confirm with the PSC cross member, but have a buddy that installed the Clayton cross member in the last couple weeks. The bolts are not as thick as factory, they have to be paired with a modified washer to not pass through the RK rock domes. You get what you pay for....LOL. Subscribed to see what others say. I have this skid system too and my cross member needs beefed up at some point.
Old 06-16-2017, 10:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm running the rockhard skids with a PSC cross member with no issues.
Old 06-16-2017, 06:26 PM
JK Newbie

Rock Hard skid and EVO crossmember, no issues.
Old 06-16-2017, 07:24 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by resharp001
Can't confirm with the PSC cross member, but have a buddy that installed the Clayton cross member in the last couple weeks. The bolts are not as thick as factory, they have to be paired with a modified washer to not pass through the RK rock domes. You get what you pay for....LOL. Subscribed to see what others say. I have this skid system too and my cross member needs beefed up at some point.
Dude; I got a Clayton crossmember and it was nice, heavy duty, powder coated but the bolt holes didn't even line up with the holes for the gas tank skids!!!!! Seriously? The damn bolts weren't even made to skin over rocks like Rock Hard brand. What a waste of a purchase!
Old 06-17-2017, 06:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

Not sure what year you have but I just removed a Poison Spyder crossmember and a complete River Raider skid system from my 2011. I'm doing a LS swap so everything had to go.
Old 06-17-2017, 06:26 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by caryt
Not sure what year you have but I just removed a Poison Spyder crossmember and a complete River Raider skid system from my 2011. I'm doing a LS swap so everything had to go.
Actually, you may be able to use the skid system, just requires some customization under the engine area. I was able to use my RH4x4 skid with my L96.
Old 06-17-2017, 08:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the responses I think I'll go with the PSC crossmember. One other quick question. The hd crossmember is the big block shaped piece, but what's the smaller crossmember under the exhaust crossover? Does that get pitched when the aftermarket skids and crossmember go on?
Old 06-18-2017, 05:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by jedg
Actually, you may be able to use the skid system, just requires some customization under the engine area. I was able to use my RH4x4 skid with my L96.
Thanks but there is no way a RROR skid plate kit will fit my LS. Plus only need their engine and trans section.

I will recoup more $ selling complete and already ordered a RROR LS specific skids.

I have a Genright tank and will make my own TC skid plate from frame to frame to cover the Atlas and mufflers.

Quick Reply: Skid Plates and HD Crossmembers