Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Soft Break Pedal After Axle Swap ?

Old 01-07-2018, 03:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 70 Likes on 51 Posts

Thanks man !
Old 01-17-2018, 06:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are getting flow out of the bleeder it could be that all the hydraulics are OK and the problem is the caliper. I assume the bleeder is on top but have to ask given my recent experience I would rather not explain.When you use a vacuum bleeder you need to make sure the threads on the bleed screw are sealed or you will pull air past the threads.Pull the bleed screw and seal the threads with teflon tape. Just make sure you don't get the tape to far in on the threads because you don't want it getting into the cross hole or seat area.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey lessonstar -

Yep, been through the routine earlier on in this issue.

I now have a larger MC on order - not looking forward to that job (my ARB Compressor and numerous other items have to be now taken out to do this job ...).

Like I mentioned before, the truck does stop - it’s just my foot has to travel pretty much to the floor - then when I get into my wife’s car, we both nearly go through the front window when I come to the first stop sign ! I don’t want to even mention the coffee she was sipping at the time .....
Old 01-18-2018, 02:24 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you contacted Blaine Johnson and asked him for input? He is well regarded as a brake guru, and has helped me numerous times with different projects. Vanco Big Brake Kits - Blackmagicbrakes.com Give him a call or email before you start buying and replacing parts.
Old 01-24-2018, 04:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Any update on your brakes? Did you change out the MC?
Old 01-24-2018, 04:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

I’m gonna have at it this weekend - the last few days have been a right-off due to a week of night shifts ....

Lots of GREAT suggestions here - but at the end of the day it will be a new MC.

I’ll make it an early start on Saturday (maybe start pulling out my compressor on Friday night) and work on it until done.

I will let everyone know how I get on ....
Old 02-08-2018, 03:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Any update? Did you get to install a new MC?

Quick Reply: Soft Break Pedal After Axle Swap ?