Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Soft top and roof rack.

Old 09-13-2016, 11:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Soft top and roof rack.

Hello. I have a jkur with a bestop trextop NX twill (premium cloth). I recently put a garvin rack on my jeep and the wind noise is pretty bad. I picked up a wind reflector for the front of the rack but that made it worse. I was thinking of putting the liner in it from hot bodies( don't think the company is called hot bodies now). Anyone else out there find a solution? My only 2 thoughts now are get a hard top or set of a hoist system in my garage to remove the rack when I don't need it. Thanks in advance
Old 09-13-2016, 12:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Learo2000GT
Hello. I have a jkur with a bestop trextop NX twill (premium cloth). I recently put a garvin rack on my jeep and the wind noise is pretty bad. I picked up a wind reflector for the front of the rack but that made it worse. I was thinking of putting the liner in it from hot bodies( don't think the company is called hot bodies now). Anyone else out there find a solution? My only 2 thoughts now are get a hard top or set of a hoist system in my garage to remove the rack when I don't need it. Thanks in advance
Unfortunately there is no solution. You can play around with the wind deflector; raise/lower it, or add to it to make it bigger, but in the end, its a wind trap and its going to be noisy. I did the noodle mod to my Gobi when I had it, and it helped with the flapping, but not the wind noise from the front. Its the same problem that the guys rolling with 50" lights bars have. Anything in the front will be loud. I had a MBRP rack before the Gobi rack and had the same problem.

Quick Reply: Soft top and roof rack.