Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spacer lift

Old 12-16-2018, 03:22 PM
cpg
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spacer lift

Just bought a 18' JKU Oscar Mike Edition, and love it. Just installed G2 1 1/2 wheel spacers and i think it looks much better. I know want to raise the front up about an inch to 1 1/2". I plan on putting 33-34' tires on it , I plan on keeping the stock 17x 7.5 wheels. Ive heard alot of good and bad about spacers in the front springs. . Primarily squeaking and other noises. daughter drives the car 90% of the time and will on road 98% of time.Its for looks. what are the best option w/o changing to much ? Thanks
Old 12-17-2018, 10:01 AM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a Teraflex 2.5" Budget Boost which uses spacers. Ride quality is fine but there is a squeak from the rear.
Old 12-17-2018, 11:05 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,818 Likes on 1,588 Posts

Originally Posted by Tactical_Geek
Ride quality is fine but there is a squeak from the rear.
If you can make it squeak by just rocking the rear end back and forth by hand, you might hit the sway bar bushings (where the sway bar mounts to the frame) with some lube. Common source of a squeak.
The following users liked this post:
Tactical_Geek (12-18-2018)
Old 12-17-2018, 11:51 AM
cpg
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was thinking of just doing a 1" spacer in the front. It should level it out a bit and still allow me to get 33-34 in tires.

Last edited by cpg; 12-17-2018 at 12:04 PM.
Old 12-26-2018, 07:43 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
ORW Representative

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For something like that, I highly recommend the Teraflex Budget Boost. That way you get the sway bar end link length taken care of, with a little boost all around with some leveling to it too.

https://offroadwarehouse.com/i-20749...eling-kit.html

Also, its so affordable that if you plan on doing anything more to the Jeep in the future, you dont feel so bad putting these parts back in their box.

Quick Reply: Spacer lift