Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spare tire rattle fixed!!!

Old 05-18-2015, 04:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Spare tire rattle fixed!!!

I have a 2015 2D that I installed aftermarket wheels and tires on. They are 33" and after several weeks I started getting a very annoying rattle! The spare tire carrier, and the tailgate hinges seemed snug. I opened the tailgate, and tried to lift it up and down. I got just a very small amount of play, but I decided to adjust the black plastic piece below the striker on the door jam. There is two bolts that let you adjust the bracket. It took me three times, but the noise is gone!!!!
The following users liked this post:
JKraig (03-11-2018)
Old 07-14-2016, 02:13 PM
JK Newbie

In which direction did you adjust the black stabilizer? I adjusted mine to the front of the car and it did not solve the problem.
Old 07-14-2016, 02:15 PM
JK Newbie

My mistake, I adjusted it towards the rear so that the tailgate is more snug in the stabilizer. Should I also do a tailgate striker adjustment?
The following users liked this post:
JKraig (03-11-2018)
Old 03-11-2018, 12:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this is an old thread, but this worked on my 2017 JK.

Had an annoying rattle and tried removing the storage tray, and then the jack with no love.

Moved the black plastic piece as far forward (toward the front of the jeep) as it would move and tightened it down.
Rattle gone, now I can hear all the quieter rattles lol. Easy fix.

Thanks

Craig

Last edited by JKraig; 03-11-2018 at 12:43 PM. Reason: grammar

Quick Reply: Spare tire rattle fixed!!!