Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SPOD/ARB Dual Compressor or anyone with SPOD/Compressors. Questions

Old 11-24-2014, 06:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SPOD/ARB Dual Compressor or anyone with SPOD/Compressors. Questions

Can i get some pictures of your current setups with the SPOD and Compressors or exactly what you're running with YOUR review on it.

I am thinking about picking up an SPOD because i'm an electrical dummy and its pretty much a good system for a guy like me. Plus i have a little OCD thing about that kinda crap and this seems to look good. I am wanting to get the ARB dual air compressor. Now my concerns are the max amp of the SPOD being 50 amps and the max of the ARB air compressor being 56 amps. Now if i buy the Hi-Amp Circuit Breaker from SPOD for $45 when i purchase it then my problems there should be solved, right?

I know i can add a tank later on and might use the mount brackets from synergy if i add one later on. With that being said is anyone running their tanks there? If so whats your opinions about it and are there any issues ?

Is the ARB Dual worth the money to fill up tires up too 37s ?
Should i look into other compressor kits out there ?

Thanks guys.
Old 11-24-2014, 06:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Also will i need the ARB wiring harness as well ? I know i can wrap up the excess wires for the lockers and add at a later time instead of cutting them.
Old 11-24-2014, 06:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The ARB Twin Compressor has a separate remote wire to turn it off and on; for the power wires, you'll want those going straight to the battery (with fuse in between, of course).

The remote wire would go to your spod (via relay/s, pressure switch, etc... depending on your setup).
Old 11-24-2014, 07:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by kbp810
The ARB Twin Compressor has a separate remote wire to turn it off and on; for the power wires, you'll want those going straight to the battery (with fuse in between, of course).

The remote wire would go to your spod (via relay/s, pressure switch, etc... depending on your setup).

And this is what you're talking about, correct ?

http://youtu.be/YRosGaRvalU
Old 11-24-2014, 07:07 PM
JK Freak

To answer the other questions - I love my twin, also running 2 gallon viair tank mounted with the synergy bracket. It fills my 37's fast, and I've also run an impact, air ratchet, and cut off wheel (with breaks to let tank refill) off of it; and of course lockers as well. I had the ARB HO before that, it did the job, but it was slow, and if it was hot out I'd often have to do two tires, wait for it to cool down, do another tire, wait, then finally get the fourth filled.

The ARB wiring harness is a good start... however, its not too difficult to sort out the wiring based on what you plan on doing and how you want it setup; especially with many diagrams available out there to follow if needed.

I have the compressor mounted under my passenger seat; air hose runs and wires run below the trim, through firewall. Air hose runs into the 2 gallon tank mounted below radiator with the synergy bracket; from there, one hose runs to a manifold with locker solenoids, another runs to my air pressure gauge in my spod, and another runs to a hose hookup spot I mounted by my drivers side door. Tank also has pressure switch, saftey plug, and pet****.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:09 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mhockey9090
And this is what you're talking about, correct ?

http://youtu.be/YRosGaRvalU
Yes, except mine is mounted under my passenger seat using the carolina metal masters bracket.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:15 PM
JK Super Freak

To answer the other questions - I love my twin, also running 2 gallon viair tank mounted with the synergy bracket. It fills my 37's fast, and I've also run an impact, air ratchet, and cut off wheel (with breaks to let tank refill) off of it; and of course lockers as well. I had the ARB HO before that, it did the job, but it was slow, and if it was hot out I'd often have to do two tires, wait for it to cool down, do another tire, wait, then finally get the fourth filled.

The ARB wiring harness is a good start... however, its not too difficult to sort out the wiring based on what you plan on doing and how you want it setup; especially with many diagrams available out there to follow if needed.

I have the compressor mounted under my passenger seat; air hose runs and wires run below the trim, through firewall. Air hose runs into the 2 gallon tank mounted below radiator with the synergy bracket; from there, one hose runs to a manifold with locker solenoids, another runs to my air pressure gauge in my spod, and another runs to a hose hookup spot I mounted by my drivers side door. Tank also has pressure switch, saftey plug, and pet****.
Ok great man thanks for that as it seems you have exactly what i'm looking at getting in the long run. For the time being i will just run the SPOD and ARB dual then add too later on if i decide too. If i end up getting lockers and all that i can get the ARB wiring harness later thus getting rid of the one that came with the compressor so its all in one.

Until i get an air tank can i run a hose from the compressor to a location of my choice for connecting the air hose too? Will i need anything else along with it? I prefer the location of the compressor to stay under the hood for noise purposes and plus my 2 door seats need to be moved forward to allow people in the back seat.

Yes, except mine is mounted under my passenger seat using the carolina metal masters bracket.
Ok sweet. Assuming no issues with amp drawing ?
Old 11-24-2014, 08:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Does the bracket that comes with the kit place it like the video shows or will i need a different one?
Old 11-24-2014, 08:44 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes. That is the M.O.R.E. Mounting bracket, $100. You can get it at Northridge4x4.com or quadratec.com or offroadelements.com
Old 11-24-2014, 08:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by spicoli
Yes. That is the M.O.R.E. Mounting bracket, $100. You can get it at Northridge4x4.com or quadratec.com or offroadelements.com

Geez, $100 for a bracket ? Didn't see that addition expense coming. What mounts come with this kit directly from ARB ?

Quick Reply: SPOD/ARB Dual Compressor or anyone with SPOD/Compressors. Questions