Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sprintex 3.6 vs RIPP 3.6

Old 05-28-2016, 11:54 AM
j0n
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UselessPickles
Another approach to estimate how much power RIPP's dyno should have reported for the stock engine if it had run to redline is to look at it in terms of percent loss compared to crank numbers for the engine.

At the crank, the Pentastar in the Wrangler is rated for 285 hp and 260 ft-lbs torque.

RIPP did capture the peak torque of the stock engine at about 240 ft-lbs, which is 7.7% less than at the crank.

7.7% less than 285 crank hp comes out to 263 hp at the wheels. Wow... that actually matches my previous estimate exactly!

Something seems fishy about seeing only 7.7% drivetrain loss on the dyno for a Wrangler.
Sprintex owner here. Overall, I am very happy with the product. Power increase is substantial over stock. I have not strapped it to the dyno, but as an owner of previous forced induction vehicles, I would say the 100hp to the ground feels accurate. I've run against a buddy who has a G37, started from a dig, I was pulling away from him through 4th gear.

From what I can tell, it's putting down about 10-11psi of boost. DashCommander and the Torque app report the same results via the OBD2 port. I have asked Sprintex where I can install a manual boost gauge, but so far it has been crickets.
Sprintex did not build a port for a manual boost gauge so it appears my only option is to tap the intake. Before I do that, I would like to see specific directions from them. Their FB page seems to be unmoderated, posting a question is worthless there. My only complaint is the lack of response I get when I ask Sprintex general questions. Either they do not answer, or they say they will get back to me.

-Jon
Old 05-30-2016, 08:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sprintex stage 2

Originally Posted by j0n
Sprintex owner here. Overall, I am very happy with the product. Power increase is substantial over stock. I have not strapped it to the dyno, but as an owner of previous forced induction vehicles, I would say the 100hp to the ground feels accurate. I've run against a buddy who has a G37, started from a dig, I was pulling away from him through 4th gear.

From what I can tell, it's putting down about 10-11psi of boost. DashCommander and the Torque app report the same results via the OBD2 port. I have asked Sprintex where I can install a manual boost gauge, but so far it has been crickets.
Sprintex did not build a port for a manual boost gauge so it appears my only option is to tap the intake. Before I do that, I would like to see specific directions from them. Their FB page seems to be unmoderated, posting a question is worthless there. My only complaint is the lack of response I get when I ask Sprintex general questions. Either they do not answer, or they say they will get back to me.

-Jon
I'm running a sprintex stage 2. On 38's with 4.88 gears and Both a Manuel boost gauge and Diablo trinity in the obd2 port. The supercharged is amazing I have had no issues at all. The company that did my install was icon offroad out of Erwin North Carolina.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	1626
Size:	209.8 KB
ID:	648301  

Last edited by jeepjk76; 05-30-2016 at 08:21 AM.
Old 06-30-2016, 08:26 PM
JK Newbie

Curious where did you tap the boost gauge into? I've had nothing but issues since installed the sprintex.. I'd say it's been a borderline nightmare
Old 07-01-2016, 05:45 AM
JK Newbie

Default Sprintex

Originally Posted by nelsonJK13
Curious where did you tap the boost gauge into? I've had nothing but issues since installed the sprintex.. I'd say it's been a borderline nightmare

I tapped into the plate that the supercharger mounts on. Only issue I ever had was a squeaky belt ever now and then I'm making 411 rwhp on 38's Click image for larger version

Views:	1353
Size:	152.6 KB
ID:	651199
Old 07-01-2016, 10:24 AM
JK Newbie

Hmm that could be why I'm not picking up any boost.. I just tapped into one of the vacuum lines. But damn 411 whp.. I'm getting a custom tune as well... This pic is how my sprintex experience started.. Blower had a defective oring.

Name:	image-3995041637.jpg
Views:	2065
Size:	425.4 KB
ID:	651203  

Last edited by nelsonJK13; 07-01-2016 at 10:51 AM.
Old 07-01-2016, 10:43 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nelsonJK13
Hmm that could be why I'm not picking up any boost.. I just tapped into one of the vacuum lines. But damn 441 whp.. I'm getting a custom tune as well...

This pic is how my sprintex experience started.. Blower had a defective oring.

Stupid spell check. My rwhp is actually 411. Look up the guys at iconoff road there in ewin North Carolina. They have done like ten and they know there stuff. Chris is the owner and cool
Old 07-05-2016, 01:37 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Dyno Graph?
Old 07-05-2016, 02:06 PM
JK Newbie

Default Dyno graph

Originally Posted by RIPPMODS
Dyno Graph?

This is is a stage 2 sprintex supercharger with a custom tune smaller pulley and smaller belt full exhaust and cold air upgrade. And it's a six speed.

Views:	1869
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	651667  

Last edited by jeepjk76; 07-05-2016 at 02:20 PM.
Old 07-05-2016, 07:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepjk76
This is is a stage 2 sprintex supercharger with a custom tune smaller pulley and smaller belt full exhaust and cold air upgrade. And it's a six speed.
Awesome numbers,

We're did you get the smaller pulley from and belt size?
Old 07-06-2016, 03:43 AM
JK Newbie

We have 2 Jeeps. I have a Sprintex on the 2008 and love it. We bought a Sprintex Stage 2 for the 2013. The main reason we bought it over a Ripp was all my friends with Ripps have problems with their shifting. They have to manually shift their automatics. We are having a custom tune done for ours due to how modified the jeep is. The twin stick Atlas gives a couple headaches.

Quick Reply: Sprintex 3.6 vs RIPP 3.6