Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sprintex 3.6 vs RIPP 3.6

Old 08-10-2017, 07:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a Ripp on my 07 JK and loved it. I was the first customer Jeep done at their shop and they developed the air box to work with my River Raider snorkel. I am going to go back to them for my 2014 JKU that I picked up this summer. They are great people and always treated me very well. They would even call me to let me know if there was an update available to make the system perform better.

Last edited by 07WrangX; 01-10-2018 at 04:41 AM. Reason: change
Old 12-24-2017, 06:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just want to make a comment about sprintex. I have had mine for about 4 years. Absolutely love it. In addition sprintex customer service is fantastic. When my Hypertec tuner was giving me problems, Sprintex jumped right in and fixed the problem. Now, this is after ownining this product for 4 years. you just can't beat that. Thanks Sprintex!!!

Last edited by 2climbbig; 12-27-2017 at 08:29 PM.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

After doing a bunch of research over the past few months, I am choosing to go with Spritex over Ripp. I reached out to Ripp numerous times and like others have stated in the past, could not get them to call me back or return e-mails. I sent e-mails to Keith and Ross and left Ross a message. I just spoke to Sprintex for over half an hour and placed an order this week. They called me back within 3 hours after contacting them through their site. Going with their stage 2 kit.
The following users liked this post:
doc5339 (01-11-2018)
Old 01-11-2018, 10:19 PM
JK Freak

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Thumbs up Sweet

Originally Posted by 07WrangX
After doing a bunch of research over the past few months, I am choosing to go with Spritex over Ripp. I reached out to Ripp numerous times and like others have stated in the past, could not get them to call me back or return e-mails. I sent e-mails to Keith and Ross and left Ross a message. I just spoke to Sprintex for over half an hour and placed an order this week. They called me back within 3 hours after contacting them through their site. Going with their stage 2 kit.
Congratulations on your choice! Please report back with your installation experiences and any pros and cons with the tune. I am a big fan of custom tuning (I used DiaboToona) these forced induction kits.

Best of luck with the install!
Old 01-12-2018, 04:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by doc5339
Congratulations on your choice! Please report back with your installation experiences and any pros and cons with the tune. I am a big fan of custom tuning (I used DiaboToona) these forced induction kits.

Thanks!! I'm excited!! Looks like it is arriving on Monday. It will probably be two weeks before I have a free Saturday to do the install.
Old 02-26-2018, 08:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default It is done!!

Originally Posted by doc5339

I got the install completed two weeks ago. It took a buddy and I two days in my garage with just hand tools. After driving the Jeep for the last two weeks with the Sprintex supercharger I love it. It has so much more power (I have not put it on a dyno) and the power is even across the RPM range. Obviously, my mpg has dropped a bit. I went from averaging around 16 to 14 mpg. This is partially because I have been hitting the long pedal enjoying the power and sound. If you are on the fence, do it. I couldn't justify the cost of a motor swap, but the Sprintex eliminated the need for one. It is everything I hoped it would be.
Old 02-26-2018, 01:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I thought there was supposed to be a pretty noticeable gain in MPG. Must be riding it hard.
Old 02-28-2018, 01:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cutman
I thought there was supposed to be a pretty noticeable gain in MPG. Must be riding it hard.
yea, I was having fun. I drove normally to work and back today on side roads and averaged 17.6 MPG.
Old 10-02-2018, 12:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thinking of going sprintex real soon. any new developments? Where is everyone getting their custom tunes and at what boost? Thanks
Old 10-03-2018, 05:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm curios to hear as well, I'm leaning towards Sprintex on my 3.6 as well. I like my RIPP on my 07 but the power just isn't where I want it to be.

Quick Reply: Sprintex 3.6 vs RIPP 3.6