SRT seat swap - - The top destination for Jeep JK Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

SRT seat swap

Old 03-03-2018, 04:42 PM
JK Newbie
Default SRT seat swap

posted in wrong forum since rest of my build is not listed yet .. sorry mods
tried to delete in other forum.

Have wanted To replace front seats with WK2 SRT Jeep seats since the redesign. Got a set of full power passenger and drivers seats from 2012 SRT Grand Cherokee. Was totaled from hard rear hit with 12K miles.
Seats were great except head restraint were deployed.

have not seen the new model seats used since the seat size was changed from wk1.
From what I saw everyone said seat would not ffit.

Couple beers with friend who is always up for a new Jeep project and we started.
factory seat bracket was scrapped needed to be almost flush to floor to get correct measurements.
Wanted everything to work and no codes plus factory harness. We were able to modify everything to make this work and also appear factory.
There is no room for any error on this mod .... if not able to fabricate, weld and understand wiring this is not a weekend project by ay means. I had company I use do a double stitched custom leather replacement seat cover made to match rest of interior knoeone else does a wk2 seat kit.

Factory plastic trim used and and gives a very clean factory look. Will post complete build pics tomorrow.

Last edited by Qind; 03-04-2018 at 04:25 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Qind For This Useful Post:
TrailBadger (03-06-2018)
Old 03-06-2018, 07:23 AM
Forum Sponsor

All the wiring was just plug and play?
Old 03-06-2018, 07:37 AM
Former Member

Excellent, it's great to see these types of upgrades as we are constantly on the look out for better solutions to our seating arrangement.
Old 03-07-2018, 11:16 AM
JK Newbie

My head hurts from reading your story telling and no pics?
Old 03-13-2018, 11:34 AM
JK Newbie

Had the swap all explained out ( sorry your head hurt BTW) and had computer restart for damn update and lost everything before hitting enter. I will be reposting . The seat is very much not plug and play as it came . it is however now running on the stock harness and stock seat belt passenger switch . No codes no display errors and air bags work correctly. I did add a power that is fused into my SPOD (to run power adjustments because I did not want any computer issues)

the new seat frame needs to sit 1/ 2 inch off floor on both sides to allow the base to be fully utilized for a stock look. I used a Planted low mount seat frame and sectioned 1.5 inches out of the height. I also used the factory front mounting tabs off the Planted seats and re welded into correct location to bolt new seat slider up (in all 4 factory mouting locations.)

will go over complete build and retrofit for those intrested.

Last edited by Qind; 03-15-2018 at 06:14 PM.