Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Success/Fail with Supercharger installed on JK Unlimited 16 3.6l Auto

Old 02-09-2017, 09:00 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Success/Fail with Supercharger installed on JK Unlimited 16 3.6l Auto

Over 50 and have seen the light of owning a jeep over my performance cars of the past. coming off a BMW M5 and while i love my jeep, there are times i just miss the 600+hp. Asked my local jeep experts about superchargers and have heard they are still working thru a bunch of kinks with them when put on the later edition jk. Searched the web a bit and saw a few stories where they were installed, tuned, worked for a bit, then problems. Couple folks seemed to eventually just abandon the idea. Its a big investment to start, let alone if its not going to be reliable. Whats the consensus?

Finally getting offroad in a few weeks so maybe i will just forget about all of this and focus on other mods.
Old 02-09-2017, 09:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will tell you this on my 3.6..once I put the Turbo on I will never go back to driving a NA jeep... made the thing fun... and ANYONE that rides in it will tell you the same... Now the Turbo is a bit more of an initial investment (and some will say not as practical for off roading)...but just for everyday driving (which I do)... you CAN'T beat it!
Old 02-09-2017, 09:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes. Do not doubt that. I see you have a 2012. The issues I am hearing about are for later models 2015+.
Old 02-09-2017, 10:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Seth971
Yes. Do not doubt that. I see you have a 2012. The issues I am hearing about are for later models 2015+.
Got ya... Well then let the Newer JKU guys chime in! I know i just read on here a 2017 getting a Sprintex (But I believe he did a ECM swap)

Quick Reply: Success/Fail with Supercharger installed on JK Unlimited 16 3.6l Auto