Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suggestions for new Jeep owner!

Old 06-02-2014, 11:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggestions for new Jeep owner!

Hi,

Posted this thread in another category, but looking for as many helpful comments as possible. I just bought a 2014 Unlimited Sport S and am planning on doing some small modifications to improve it's look and performance. I am currently running the stock Goodyear Wrangler 255/75 AT Tires, and want to upgrade to something with a little more traction and aggressive appearance.

This is my daily driver, so I don't want to go crazy with a lift and loose more MPG than I have to.

I have been looking into a set of Firestone Destination M/T 255/75 Tires. Would this give me a more aggressive look without a lift? I was also thinking about leveling her out. What are your opinions on tire size/leveling kits?

Please post pics with your jeep's mods! Especially if you have this sillier set-up (Firestone Destination M/T w/ Leveling Kit).

Thanks a bunch!
Old 06-03-2014, 12:07 AM
JK Newbie

Check out the low cost / free mods thread for some cool simple stuff alot of good stuff on there
Old 06-03-2014, 01:41 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Start with the two threads stuck to the top of this modified area. Then go down to JK Show & Tell, where you will find threads with lots and lots and lots of pictures.

But yes, a more aggressive tire will look more aggressive than a non-aggressive tire.
You could also consider going to rims with less backspace, or adding wheel spacers, for a wider stance.
Old 06-03-2014, 04:25 AM
JK Newbie

I would also recommend the "show and tell" section on this forum. Spend some time digging through threads. I spent hours checking out hundreds of different set-ups before making any moves when my jk was stock.
Nothing wrong IMO in getting some wheels with some offset and all terrain tires and nothing else. My wheels are MB TKOs fairly cheap a little over a $100 a wheel. Just a thought.
Old 06-03-2014, 04:47 AM
JK Freak

As they sated above spend HOURS and hours looking around in here. There is some great ideas and amazing rigs from stock to more $in mods than the jeeps MSRP! But to give you an idea here is a few pics of my stock unlimited with rubi wheels, tires, and shocks. And mine is a DD too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-177016790.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	557340

Name:	image-4186031023.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	557342

Name:	image-2218090948.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	557341
Old 06-08-2014, 05:39 PM
JK Newbie

You should get 33" Duratracs and some flat fenders like mine

Name:	sb2.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	558424
Old 06-08-2014, 05:56 PM
JK Super Freak

As others already suggested there are some great ideas in the forum.

However, before anything you need to decide what you want and expect of your new Jeep (congrats!).

You already defined it's your DD and you do not want to go crazy on mpg.

However, will you do any radical wheeling at all or more mild offroad drive on unpaved roads, creeks, etc?

Only you can answer these questions. Then, once you have a clear picture of what you want then go to the research.

Nevertheless, be ready to empty every pocket.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:54 AM
JK Newbie

I wanted to do the same thing. I have a 2011 Jeep wrangler sport. I just got the Firestone Destination M/T's installed yesterday. I got the stock size because like you, it's my daily driver and I do a lot of highway driving. I don't want to lift it or do anything crazy. I LOVE them. They're extremely quiet on the highway. I don't hear them at all even going up to 80mph. They do hum a bit and vibrate when I'm going slow but it's barely noticeable. I've gotten a lot of compliments so far and they look pretty badass. I"ve been researching tires forever and in my opinion they're definitely the best choice for an aggressive looking tire without going crazy. Good Luck!

Quick Reply: Suggestions for new Jeep owner!