JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   Suggestions for Steering Stabilizer replacement? (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/suggestions-steering-stabilizer-replacement-349731/)

spartacus_33 03-21-2019 08:43 AM

Suggestions for Steering Stabilizer replacement?

I recently purchased a fox 2.0 ifp steering stabilizer for my 2008 Jeep JK. Apparently these are nitrogen charged and had a reputation for pulling the Jeep to the left. I've returned the steering stabilizer and am looking for suggestions for an aftermarket upgrade. I'm not sure there's anything wrong with my factory steering stabilizer but it's 11 years old and I just replaced the shocks so I thought I would complete the upgrade with a new steering stabilizer. TIA.

jedg 03-21-2019 08:46 AM

Go to your favorite auto parts store and order purchase an OEM equivalent. Or run without one, many folks do.

resharp001 03-21-2019 08:52 AM

Yup, cheapest thing out there is fine. Honestly, unless your old factory is leaking, I'd just leave it. The Teraflex 9550 VSS is a good option as well and is ~$55 +/-. You really just want something with equal resistance extending and compressing.

Rednroll 03-21-2019 09:09 AM

I need to look into this as well. From my understanding FOX makes a few different types of steering stabilizers for our JK. Some are gased charged and cause steering grief pull until broken in. Others aren't gas charged, cost less and don't cause the initial grief. I'm unsure at this time which is which but would like to find out.

Rednroll 03-21-2019 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by resharp001 (Post 4338522)
Yup, cheapest thing out there is fine. Honestly, unless your old factory is leaking, I'd just leave it. The Teraflex 9550 VSS is a good option as well and is ~$55 +/-. You really just want something with equal resistance extending and compressing.

Vanity is getting the best of me on this one and I'm sure I'm not alone. :D I'ld like a Fox SS to match my Fox shocks. The cheapest non gas charged one from Fox would suit me fine.

jedg 03-21-2019 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Rednroll (Post 4338527)
Vanity is getting the best of me on this one and I'm sure I'm not alone. :D I'ld like a Fox SS to match my Fox shocks. The cheapest non gas charged one from Fox would suit me fine.

Bahahahaha!!! We all have our vices. :cool:

Rednroll 03-21-2019 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by jedg (Post 4338528)
Bahahahaha!!! We all have our vices. :cool:

I'm not gonna lie.....I know when I'm signing up for a poser mod and aint afraid to admit it. :D

MrChuckles 03-21-2019 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by resharp001

I had the Tereflex and it worked pretty well. After it wore out I purchased a Bilstein one and it hasn't been noticeable at all, which is great.

LidLess07X 03-21-2019 05:18 PM

Fox ATS, Teraflex one as mentioned in previous reply, or stock

WaterRat72 03-21-2019 06:41 PM

I just went with the Rubicon Express (aka Bilstein) because it matched my suspension. Otherwise I would have just left the stocker... had it not been beat to crap from the trail.