Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suggestions for Steering Stabilizer replacement?

Old 03-21-2019, 08:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggestions for Steering Stabilizer replacement?

I recently purchased a fox 2.0 ifp steering stabilizer for my 2008 Jeep JK. Apparently these are nitrogen charged and had a reputation for pulling the Jeep to the left. I've returned the steering stabilizer and am looking for suggestions for an aftermarket upgrade. I'm not sure there's anything wrong with my factory steering stabilizer but it's 11 years old and I just replaced the shocks so I thought I would complete the upgrade with a new steering stabilizer. TIA.
Old 03-21-2019, 08:46 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Go to your favorite auto parts store and order purchase an OEM equivalent. Or run without one, many folks do.
Old 03-21-2019, 08:52 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,822 Likes on 1,592 Posts

Yup, cheapest thing out there is fine. Honestly, unless your old factory is leaking, I'd just leave it. The Teraflex 9550 VSS is a good option as well and is ~$55 +/-. You really just want something with equal resistance extending and compressing.
Old 03-21-2019, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

I need to look into this as well. From my understanding FOX makes a few different types of steering stabilizers for our JK. Some are gased charged and cause steering grief pull until broken in. Others aren't gas charged, cost less and don't cause the initial grief. I'm unsure at this time which is which but would like to find out.
Old 03-21-2019, 09:11 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by resharp001
Yup, cheapest thing out there is fine. Honestly, unless your old factory is leaking, I'd just leave it. The Teraflex 9550 VSS is a good option as well and is ~$55 +/-. You really just want something with equal resistance extending and compressing.
Vanity is getting the best of me on this one and I'm sure I'm not alone. I'ld like a Fox SS to match my Fox shocks. The cheapest non gas charged one from Fox would suit me fine.
The following users liked this post:
LintonAZ (Yesterday)
Old 03-21-2019, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Rednroll
Vanity is getting the best of me on this one and I'm sure I'm not alone. I'ld like a Fox SS to match my Fox shocks. The cheapest non gas charged one from Fox would suit me fine.
Bahahahaha!!! We all have our vices.
Old 03-21-2019, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jedg
Bahahahaha!!! We all have our vices.
I'm not gonna lie.....I know when I'm signing up for a poser mod and aint afraid to admit it.
Old 03-21-2019, 09:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
I had the Tereflex and it worked pretty well. After it wore out I purchased a Bilstein one and it hasn't been noticeable at all, which is great.
Old 03-21-2019, 05:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Fox ATS, Teraflex one as mentioned in previous reply, or stock
Old 03-21-2019, 06:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I just went with the Rubicon Express (aka Bilstein) because it matched my suspension. Otherwise I would have just left the stocker... had it not been beat to crap from the trail.

Quick Reply: Suggestions for Steering Stabilizer replacement?