Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Superchips question - won't re-install after recall work

Old 10-05-2010, 05:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superchips question - won't re-install after recall work

a few months ago I installed the superchips 93 performance tune to my 08. The tune worked great. Recently received a recall for tranny - had to do w/programming "hot oil" warning message in the case that the tranny fluid gets too hot. Anyway I returned setting to stock, took it to the dealer and had the recall taken care of. When i got home I attempted to install superchips tune and it tells me that the veh. calibration is not on file. I then go online and download latest updates and in doing so i get a message that there is a problem and superchips will contact me in a day or 2. Anyone experience this type of problem?
Old 10-05-2010, 05:28 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by SB2008
a few months ago I installed the superchips 93 performance tune to my 08. The tune worked great. Recently received a recall for tranny - had to do w/programming "hot oil" warning message in the case that the tranny fluid gets too hot. Anyway I returned setting to stock, took it to the dealer and had the recall taken care of. When i got home I attempted to install superchips tune and it tells me that the veh. calibration is not on file. I then go online and download latest updates and in doing so i get a message that there is a problem and superchips will contact me in a day or 2. Anyone experience this type of problem?
Well not exactly the same problem, but having one of the first ones delivered, my vehicle didn't match up with their known vehicle profiles. Placed the call got an update and all was good.

Obviously Chrysler did a PCM change and likely beyond what SC has had there hands on. You were just the lucky winner, but it should be resolved pretty quickly. Oh, and ain't your JK a pig without it?
Old 10-05-2010, 05:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hopefully supechips corrects the problem quickly. It's definately a different vehicle w/o the tune! The 35's feel like an xtra ton of weight.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:17 PM
JK Jedi

Oh great... I need to take mine in for the damn hot oil idiot light recall, as well as a few other things on the extended warranty. Hope it don't happen to mine...

Quick Reply: Superchips question - won't re-install after recall work