Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Team Tech Offroad S-Tech

Old 07-20-2017, 05:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Team Tech Offroad S-Tech

Anyone tried the s-tech rocker switch kit? It seems to be based off the SPOD design with a lower price point and a few less features such as low voltage sensor. https://teamtechoffroad.com/collecti...-tto-4t-kit-wh
Old 07-22-2017, 03:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Been watching, too. Can not find reviews anywhere . And at half the (sPod) price.....
Old 07-22-2017, 07:24 AM
JK Newbie

I pulled the trigger and ordered one. Should be here next week. I'll post my feedback potentially a write up.
Old 07-22-2017, 08:05 AM
JK Newbie

I'll be watching for your update / review. Can't justify the Spod price and been kicking around other knock offs but their reviews kind of scare me. Hope this one is good...thanks for being the Guinea pig
Old 07-22-2017, 08:27 AM
JK Newbie

Looks like NorthRidge just became a vendor for these if that helps! Those guys don't usually put cheap stuff on their shelves.
Old 07-22-2017, 10:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

My $0.02:

Save yourself $200 and spend the 30 minutes it takes to properly wire something yourself. Cutting corners elsewhere is whatever, but when you're playing with electricity...good luck.

If you can't wire for sh*t or prefer not to mess with it, then buy the sPOD. If you're competent enough to wire things up...then you should DEFINITELY take that route. I don't trust others when it comes to things like that, hell I even double check every bolt after any mechanic touches my rig for whatever reason.

Running power to a knock-off sPOD for the sake of saving $2-300 on a $30k+ rig is insanity, and asking for an engine fire.
Old 07-22-2017, 11:29 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for your response however as an engineer myself and after a 30 minute conversation and several emails with the developer/owner who is also an engineer I felt confident that this was a solid product and well designed. This is an American product with an American customer support that I have already talked with on multiple occasions. I imagine you are of the mindset of "built not bought"; well congratulations I'm glad you have the confidence to engineer design and put in enough failsafes to ensure that your electrical vehicle modifications are bulletproof.
I also take it that you aren't a fan of capitalism as I make an attempt to support a small business who is offering an alternative to another product on the market. I clearly state in my OP that I am fully aware that this module does not have all the bells and whistles of the SPOD. Features that I don't currently need at this time. Oh by the way I did price out and design my own system with similar components from the same manufacturers and TTO isn't leaving a whole lot of margin for themselves unlike SPOD. Nonetheless you are clearly a SPOD fanboy so I digress.
Old 07-23-2017, 07:14 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by cabmak4life78
Thanks for your response however as an engineer myself and after a 30 minute conversation and several emails with the developer/owner who is also an engineer I felt confident that this was a solid product and well designed. This is an American product with an American customer support that I have already talked with on multiple occasions. I imagine you are of the mindset of "built not bought"; well congratulations I'm glad you have the confidence to engineer design and put in enough failsafes to ensure that your electrical vehicle modifications are bulletproof. I also take it that you aren't a fan of capitalism as I make an attempt to support a small business who is offering an alternative to another product on the market. I clearly state in my OP that I am fully aware that this module does not have all the bells and whistles of the SPOD. Features that I don't currently need at this time. Oh by the way I did price out and design my own system with similar components from the same manufacturers and TTO isn't leaving a whole lot of margin for themselves unlike SPOD. Nonetheless you are clearly a SPOD fanboy so I digress.

Don't be a smart-ass with me when I'm telling you to be cautious with your knock-off sPOD. There's a thread that's 3 days old, where a real sPOD caught fire and nearly burned the guy's Jeep down.

I love capitalism, nice try! I'm not one of the "only buy American" freaks. I only chose to put American parts on my Jeep because I value quality welds and solid customer support. I also value quality imports, and small businesses. I bought my Crawler Conceptz bumpers when they were a 2 week old company with no reviews. Please tell me more though!

Anyways, glad you're an engineer and can tell this is a quality product from speaking with someone on the phone. Engineer in what field?? Electrical? Mechanical? Aeronautical? Civil? Computer? If you're not an electrical engineer, then put your pants back on because you're irrelevant. I can call myself an engineer too if I want (enough CS experience and languages under my belt), so don't go flaunting that like it's the be-all-end-all. Yes, I do prefer to build over buying, but sometimes it's worth it due to the value of time; Wiring some lights and lockers, however, is NOT "built not bought" mentality. Some 'engineer' you are if you consider connecting some wires "building" rather than "hey there's a reason this thing is going for $300 less than their competitor, they probably took a shortcut somewhere that could cause a catastrophic fire if something does end up going wrong. I should probably spend the 30 minutes it takes to wire this thing myself and have some peace of mind."

Take it how you will (clearly you took all the salt first), and good luck to you.

Last edited by BoraBora; 07-23-2017 at 07:25 AM.
Old 07-23-2017, 07:19 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by cabmak4life78
Nonetheless you are clearly a SPOD fanboy so I digress.
You're a fool, I wired everything myself with relays and fuses. Should I post a picture of my engine compartment?

If I needed someone to hold my hand for me though, yeah I probably would've bought the sPOD instead. I've seen how crappy wires and fuses can fail. I also see how ridiculous it is to trust a no-name, no reputation company with a product that could set my Jeep ablaze.
Old 07-23-2017, 09:51 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BoraBora
You're a fool, I wired everything myself with relays and fuses. Should I post a picture of my engine compartment?

If I needed someone to hold my hand for me though, yeah I probably would've bought the sPOD instead. I've seen how crappy wires and fuses can fail. I also see how ridiculous it is to trust a no-name, no reputation company with a product that could set my Jeep ablaze.
Yea I'm aware of the thread where the guys jeep almost burned to the ground while he was working on it. Been there read that. Oh and if you must known I'm an industrial/mechanical engineer and was educated at one of the top 5 engineering schools in the nation. You are awfully defensive of SPOD but yet you don't seem to run one or have any firsthand experience with their products. Apparently you sir need to take things with a grain of salt. Your first post started off with an insulting tone calling my decision and thought process insane and that if I am incapable of doing it myself I should just automatically go with one of the industry "leaders". Man oh man how on earth did we wire anything before SPOD came on the scene. Oh cool you bought a CC bumper hmmm was it ever crash tested in a laboratory and received a DOT certification? I have insurance for a reason. Nonetheless you're reputation on this forum for being a troll and flamer proceeds you so my next response on this thread will be back on topic of the TTO S-tech switch for anyone who interested in another non Chinese option (with poor customer service) unlike the apollintech and the rough country option.

Last edited by cabmak4life78; 07-23-2017 at 12:06 PM.

Quick Reply: Team Tech Offroad S-Tech