Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Team Tech Offroad S-Tech

Old 07-25-2017, 03:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Woody208
it does look like it fit well but i really like where you mounted the switches. That's NICE!
Thanks! I definitely had to cut a good 3x4" hole in the dash but that didn't bother me at all. I did run the harness up to that roof location just out of curiosity and there was plenty of slack left in the harness unlike some other prebuilt harnesses I've encountered.
Old 07-25-2017, 06:45 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by cabmak4life78
Thanks! I definitely had to cut a good 3x4" hole in the dash but that didn't bother me at all. I did run the harness up to that roof location just out of curiosity and there was plenty of slack left in the harness unlike some other prebuilt harnesses I've encountered.
I'm really liking where you put yours...i'm sold on going down that path. Cutting that hole may make me a bit nervous but your's looks really good. I was worried if the lights on the switches mounted up at the windshield would be any kind off a bother or annoying at night anyway. i know my radio has some blue lights that seem to be really bright at night (they are not dimmable).
Old 07-27-2017, 09:28 AM
JK Newbie

My review of the 4 switch dual LED system.

Pros: 100% American company! Simple fused/relay design easy to understand should something go wrong outside warranty period and or in extreme remote location without tech support. Completely assembled in America with a very responsive and knowledgeable customer support. Cheaper than some other alternatives.

Cons: Doesn't include instructions on which wire and or splice location for parking lamp tie in for dual LED switch. Add in a warning to install the fuse tap in the correct orientation for those that will want ignition sourced power, especially since you caution people not to tie in solely to the battery. Makes no mention of the nearly two inch harness that may need to be adjusted in oder to install source box.

First off I would just like to say I had my reservations about the S-Tech system. There have been several products on the market that have been copying and or reverse engineering the S**D design as of late. Albeit most of them have been manufactured outside the United States what Scott has done here at Team Tech Offroad is taken several of these components and put them together in a simple plug-and-play system done all the homework on the schematics and the components. They have been assembled in a very well thought out package and the attention to detail is second to none. After receiving my unit and inspecting it up close and even disassembled some minor covers to get a better look at this system. There is nothing overtly special about this system it is a relay box with the included fuses and appropriately matched wire gauge harnesses. The beauty of its simplicity is it's easy to understand, troubleshoot, and maintain should something go awry after your 3 year warranty period (simple for someone who has a basic understanding of electronic principles and automotive wiring). Some other manufacturers have much more complex "smart" systems that have more bells and whistles that come with a much steeper price tag as well.

Shipping/install. I chose the 4 switch dual LED option for my current lighting needs. The product arrived extremely well packaged. Once opening the generic brown shipping box I was greeted by bubble wrap and another smaller box covered with American flags and the company logo. As an American patriot and military service member it was a moment of great pride to see that before I even opened the product. Once inside I was greeted by more bubble wrap and small parts bags. After a quick review of the instructions I headed out for the install. After assembling the bracket to the relay box And test fitting I noticed that on my 2011 JK 3.8L there was a harness directly in the way of my relay box position after snipping two zip ties I was able to move the harness over about 2-3 inches and everything dropped right in. I grounded the relay box and routed the power feed wire just below the hood gap next to the preexisting harness and connected to battery. Now it was time to route the harness through the firewall and to the battery. After a quick slit in the firewall plug I was able to feed the connector through by taping it onto a long handled screwdriver or rod of your choice.
From this point forward I deviated from the kit and used my own switch housing in a custom location on the lower dash panel versus the windshield mount above the rearview mirror none the less the quick connectors provided with the harness still served their purpose. I wanted all of my lights to be ignition sourced so I continued the small red wire in to the fuse box and crimped on the provided fuse tap wire. If you have the single LED switches then your done and ready to start adding accessories. I however had dual LED switches and spliced in the blue wire to my parking lamps in order to activate the lower switch LED. Overall the install can be accomplished by a novice individual in about 2-3 hours. For a Jeeper that is familiar with their vehicle and a moderate to advanced wrencher it can be done in as little as an hour or less. My views and opinions are based off my experience as an industrial engineer and aviation maintenance supervisor. I was not provided any promotional pricing for my review.
Old 10-30-2017, 08:45 AM
JK Newbie

Great thread!! I ordered one because of this! Thanks for the tips as well!!

Quick Reply: Team Tech Offroad S-Tech