Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tera Flex Leveling 1 1/2 Kit Disintegrated

Old 04-22-2019, 04:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation Tera Flex Leveling 1 1/2 Kit Disintegrated

When I first got my Jeep back in 2011 I put a Teraflex Puck leveling kit in it. Worked and drove great. About a year and a half later I installed a 3" coil lift and put the TF lift on a shelf. Fast forward to a couple of days ago we installed the pucks in a friends Jeep and by the next day the front coil pucks fell apart. Anyone else ever seen or had this happen? Pucks were stored in my garage. I suppose they dry rotted but they looked and felt ok before we installed them. Not even sure how long they should last.
Old 04-24-2019, 07:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob 12B1P
When I first got my Jeep back in 2011 I put a Teraflex Puck leveling kit in it. Worked and drove great. About a year and a half later I installed a 3" coil lift and put the TF lift on a shelf. Fast forward to a couple of days ago we installed the pucks in a friends Jeep and by the next day the front coil pucks fell apart. Anyone else ever seen or had this happen? Pucks were stored in my garage. I suppose they dry rotted but they looked and felt ok before we installed them. Not even sure how long they should last.
Yikes..... That's the first I've heard of any kind of failure of a puck.
Old 04-25-2019, 09:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

I remember someone posting about this happing to their Teraflex spacers in the rear, but I can't seem to find it. It was probably a year or more ago.

Never seen it personally.
Old 04-25-2019, 01:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Things like pucks and the stock bump stops and such will dry rot over time especially if they are in a climate that see’s a bunch of hot and cold cycles so not really surprised.

Speaking of the bump stops if running the stock ones put your fingers on them and see if they are starting to crumble.

I bet if they are 5 years or older they are about toast

Quick Reply: Tera Flex Leveling 1 1/2 Kit Disintegrated