Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Teraflex 2.5" Budget Boost need brake extensions?

Old 01-14-2007, 11:36 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex 2.5" Budget Boost need brake extensions?

I just did my 1st order from Quadratec for some aftermarket goodies. Still waiting for more bumper and rock rail options to hit production.

Does anyone know if I'll need brake line bracket extensions with the 2.5" Teraflex BB?

How about the sway bar connections? Will I have other binding issues?

I'm just looking for a little better stance for now and room to clear 33" or 35" tires in the future.

Here's what it looks like now with 265/75-16 tires.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	side shot in snow.JPG
Views:	197
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	429  
Old 01-15-2007, 05:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

You shouldn't need brake extensions until you lift it about 4". That's how the TJ's are, but every Jeep's different. If you're doing a budge boost, you really shouldn't need anything else.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Fair warning, I order my teraflex bb from quadratec on 1/07 and still hasnt drop shipped 1/16....so dont get in a hurry....

After i recieve and install i will answer your questions.

LnuFnu
Houston, TX
Old 01-16-2007, 04:47 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by YjtoJk
Does anyone know if I'll need brake line bracket extensions with the 2.5" Teraflex BB?
I just took a look at the kit I have and it did come with rear brake line relocation brackets. After installing a 3" Full Traction lift, I can tell you for sure that this is all you will need.

How about the sway bar connections? Will I have other binding issues?
As you probably know, the kit does not come with new longer swaybar links. Although the angle of your swaybars will change without a set, it probably won't be enough to be a real problem.

Old 01-16-2007, 05:05 PM
JK Super Freak

I have the 2.5 TeraFlex lift and love it! It comes with rear brake line extensions and yes you need them if you plan on running longer shocks or using the shock extensions (which I did). I also had to zip tie my emergency brake lines to the stock metal wires they hooked too, b/c once i had them off to do the lift, i couldn't fit them back up there. and as far as anything else, no more extensions are needed. if you need any help or pointers b4 you install just let me know.

and you don't need anything changed on your sway bar either.

hope that helps and good luck! and trust me the lift is worth the wait, I have wheeled with it pretty hard this past weekend and had it flexing all over the place and nothing popped out or anything, like some spacers tend to cause.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

A new brake line or a bracket?
Old 01-19-2007, 09:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Actually they brake line bracket extensions, they just let your brake lines hang lower to allow for the added down travel. The lines are long enough, but not the way they are mounted to the bracket. Hope that helps
Old 01-19-2007, 09:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

So does it come with the extra line?
Old 01-19-2007, 09:56 AM
JK Super Freak

It comes with new brake line relocators, just brackets. no new brake lines needed. The bracket moves the brake line down a few inches so that when your tires articulate downwards, the line is not stretched out.

so no new lines, just relocating brackets.

sorry if it was confusing
Old 01-19-2007, 03:19 PM
JK Super Freak

I love it, it seems to hold up nicely. I have had my jeep in some pretty tweaked spots where I was flexing both front and rear and everything just worked perfect. Feels just like it always did, but now I have more clearance and no more rubbing.

Quick Reply: Teraflex 2.5" Budget Boost need brake extensions?