Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Teraflex 2.5'' Coil Lift and 1'' Spacers??

Old 06-17-2012, 05:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex 2.5'' Coil Lift and 1'' Spacers??

I think I am going to just order the Teraflex 2.5'' coil lift kit with shock adapters. I don't want to go too high but I was also thinking about ordering the Teraflex 1'' coil spacers to use with this lift. That would give me about 3.5'' of lift and would be budget friendly and install friendly. Would I be able to still do this with stock Rubicon shocks and shock adapters? Or will it be too much. Also I am not going to do any rock crawling but I will go off road every now and then. I know the issue with the driveshaft but I really don't want to spend the extra dough on a new driveshaft at the moment. Would I be ok or should I just get the coil lift alone? Thanks in advance for your input and advice.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Coil lift alone bro. I have this kit on my jeep currently and I love it. Perfect amount of lift for a daily driver. And once you pass that 3" mark you are going to start running into other issues, including the drive shaft issue you mention. Some say the Teraflex 2.5" coil lift is actually a true 3" lift anyways.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:37 PM
JK Newbie

I did exactly what you want to do this week. I installed the teraflex 2.5" bb and installed a day star 1" poly body lift. Very simple and looks friggin perfect. The teraflex was with the shock extenders and let me tell you I'm rolling on 35" nitto trail graps...and it's like a stock vehicle. Couldn't be happier. Let me know if you have issues.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1497175071.jpg
Views:	1129
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	330522   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3642145159.jpg
Views:	6148
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	330523  
Old 06-17-2012, 05:39 PM
JK Newbie

Ps my ride is also a rubicon
Old 06-17-2012, 06:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Great looking rig. I've also been thinking about his the coil lift flat fenders and 35s. I'm kinda diggin the whole LCG build thing. Decisions decisions.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by GoosesUnlimited
I did exactly what you want to do this week. I installed the teraflex 2.5" bb and installed a day star 1" poly body lift. Very simple and looks friggin perfect. The teraflex was with the shock extenders and let me tell you I'm rolling on 35" nitto trail graps...and it's like a stock vehicle. Couldn't be happier. Let me know if you have issues.
what you did is pretty common and safe but what he's saying that he wants to do is to get the 2.5 coil then put 1" spacers on top of the coil. op- you're better off doing what goose did. either that or get a lift that is complete because if you get a 2.5" lift and add a spacer, the rest of the lift is still only meant for the 2.5" such as the sway bar links. plus, i don't think they make stock shock extensions long enough for what you want to do. if you want to stay budget friendly, stay under 3" then add a body lift if you want.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:44 PM
JK Newbie

Oh yeah...I didn't think of it like that. You can understand my confusion. That wouldn't make a lot of sense to me but to each his own. To add a spacer to a coil lift wouldn't seem safe to me. To do what i did (body lift) is a simple way to get that inch. Plus it only took an extra 2hrs. Best of luck anyways
Old 06-17-2012, 08:26 PM
JK Super Freak

I have this setup on my JK and trying to sell it. Looks good, functions great but just want softer springs...where are you located?

Even with just the 2.5 lift I was starting to show grease spraying on my front driveshaft boot..

I'll post some images in the morning.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120617_222536.jpg
Views:	970
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	330575  
Old 06-17-2012, 08:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GoosesUnlimited
What make you pick that specific body lift? because I have a teraflex bb on 35's and I was thinking a 1.25-2" BL
Old 06-17-2012, 08:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Y'all have brought up some good points. I think the 2.5 is the way to go. Does anyone know how good Trail Master lifts are? They make a lift with a 3" rear spacer and a 5" front spacer. It levels out the front and gives the whole jeep a 3" lift.

Quick Reply: Teraflex 2.5'' Coil Lift and 1'' Spacers??