Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Teraflex 2.5" coil lift with shocks

Old 02-21-2018, 04:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh yes, took it to three different shops to have it align, didn't make a difference. My caster was off and that's why I installed the adjustable lower control arms. I got fed up trying to resolve it.
Old 02-21-2018, 07:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Airkoay76
Oh yes, took it to three different shops to have it align, didn't make a difference. My caster was off and that's why I installed the adjustable lower control arms. I got fed up trying to resolve it.
Right on. Had to check though, I was really shocked how much of a difference the alignment did on mine. I had tried to set all my adjustable stuff (front lower control arms, drag link, tie-rod, trackbar) properly myself in the garage, and the alignment guy said I got close, but after they got it dialed in it was night and day difference. When I took it in I was expecting him to tell me I needed new ball joints and a new steering gear box, by how loose everything felt, but he said they were all good, and now it drives properly again, and doesn't feel like a worn out old pickup truck.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:42 PM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Am I the only one who gets confused anytime someone asks about a "TF 2.5in lift with shocks"? I'm always scratching my head and wondering, which one are we talking about?
Old 02-22-2018, 11:39 AM
JK Newbie

Glad you got yours resolved. What was the issue though? Was it the track back adjustment, control arms, tie rod? I tried adjusting my TF track bar and didn't do much. My AEV geometry correction bracket along with my TF lower control arms and upgraded drag link did add some assistance, but still has that pull to the left but less "flighty". I thought maybe I had too much air pressure on my tires, but they seem fine.
Old 02-22-2018, 03:55 PM
JK Freak

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by fromme
Well they have crappy joints just like most everyone else. Why not use something good like metal cloak or arms with JJs?
Uses the stock arms.
Old 02-23-2018, 03:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rednroll
Am I the only one who gets confused anytime someone asks about a "TF 2.5in lift with shocks"? I'm always scratching my head and wondering, which one are we talking about?
The 2 dr kit with 9550 shocks. Second row, second from the right.
Old 02-25-2018, 06:07 AM
JK Newbie

Man, you guys really confuse me, here you knock the TF kit's, else where they like the TF kit's. I think if you buy a kit for a 4 dr and it's properly installed the TF kit is fine. If your budget is more then by all means spend more and that will be fine as well. I've saw where guys install the RC kit's and are happy so it just depends on the OP and what they want to do with it.
If your rock crawling then that's a different budget altogether and in another category.
Old 02-25-2018, 07:30 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Actually building a rock crawler is a pretty cheap and easy thing to do. It takes much more to lift a daily driver that drives well and is safe at highway speeds. In reality most people would be just fine with a 2” budget bolest With Shock extensions, a raised redar track bar And front adjustable track bar.
Old 02-25-2018, 07:42 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Actually building a rock crawler is a pretty cheap and easy thing to do. It takes much more to lift a daily driver that drives well and is safe at highway speeds. In reality most people would be just fine with a 2” budget bolest With Shock extensions, a raised redar track bar And front adjustable track bar.
I agree. There are some real rock crawlers out there, but most are like me and the toughest thing they will do is medium trails at best. I have done trails like the rubicon and dusy ershim and both are easily doable with a mild 2.5 lift. with a 2.5 lift you don't even need an adjustable front track bar as my track is less than a 1/4" off. 3 of us did the Rubicon on 2.5 lifts (I rk and 2 AEV lifts) and never had an issue it was so much fun the next year 2 of us returned and did the dusy. I drove from Montana and my buddy from Ohio so for us driving at 80mph comfortably was more important than getting the last little bit of rock crawling ability. We did not carry any spares at all so reliability was important as well.
Old 02-25-2018, 08:16 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Any lift is”upgradeable”

Quick Reply: Teraflex 2.5" coil lift with shocks