Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: TeraFlex, MetalCloak, or other?
TeraFlex
33.33%
MetalCloak
58.33%
other
8.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

TeraFlex 2.5" lift or MetalCloak 2.5" lift?

Old 12-14-2015, 06:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TeraFlex 2.5" lift or MetalCloak 2.5" lift?

Hey guys. So I just bought a 2016 JKU and already have the bug to start ripping it apart and making it my own. I'm looking for a suspension that doesn't break the bank but won't make daily driving terrible. My budget for a kit is around $1,200 so if there are any suggestions please feel free to persuade me on another kit!

Jeep use:
  • Daily driver
  • Camping spot (easy to get to with no extreme crawling necessary)
  • Beach driving

I am deciding between the TeraFlex 2.5" kit with their 9550 shocks or the MetalCloak 2.5" kit with added fox shocks. The Teraflex kit is cheaper and comes with shocks, but the MetalCloak kit can be made into their "game changer" kit with more time and money.

Last edited by Jnath_3; 12-14-2015 at 06:39 PM.
Old 12-15-2015, 03:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've run the teraflex 2.5" kit. In my opinion always skip this kit and go to the next choice, lol. The ride is harsh and the flex lacking.
Old 12-15-2015, 04:40 AM
JK Newbie

Thumbs up

Metalcloak is my choice. Running 2.5" on 2-door JK. I have also installed their 3.5" on a JKU. Both great options. I'd suggest the 3.5" for the 4-door...just my two cents. Gig 'em!
Old 12-15-2015, 04:54 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Biginboca
I've run the teraflex 2.5" kit. In my opinion always skip this kit and go to the next choice, lol. The ride is harsh and the flex lacking.
There are so many options from TeraFlex. Which one would you go with? Most lift I would do is 3". What if I added the their adjustable trackbar to their 2.5" kit and better shocks...think that would take away the harsh ride?

Originally Posted by jeffk24
Metalcloak is my choice. Running 2.5" on 2-door JK. I have also installed their 3.5" on a JKU. Both great options. I'd suggest the 3.5" for the 4-door...just my two cents. Gig 'em!
I love the design of their Dual Rate coils and their control arms. I think this kit would be a great starter kit that could be easily added on to in the future. Going to be a hard decision between the two!

Last edited by Jnath_3; 12-15-2015 at 04:59 AM.
Old 12-15-2015, 04:58 AM
JK Junkie

If you plan in any weight go with MC. Their coils will handle the weight better. On a lighter rig TF.
Old 12-15-2015, 05:29 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
If you plan in any weight go with MC. Their coils will handle the weight better. On a lighter rig TF.
Weight would come later in the process. I don't plan on adding anything other than rails to my Jeep for awhile. Have you had any experience with a MC kit? If so, how's the highway driving?
Old 12-15-2015, 08:04 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Jnath_3
Weight would come later in the process. I don't plan on adding anything other than rails to my Jeep for awhile. Have you had any experience with a MC kit? If so, how's the highway driving?
I dont no. From what i gather MC coils will
Net about 1" more on a lighter jeep. The ride may be a little firmer to. This goes for most coil springs.
Old 12-15-2015, 08:15 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
I dont no. From what i gather MC coils will
Net about 1" more on a lighter jeep. The ride may be a little firmer to. This goes for most coil springs.
Alright, thank you. I appreciate the help! This is my first Jeep that I will be putting a lift on so I'm trying to do a lot of research before just buying a lift and slapping on some bigger tires.

I'll post up what I decide on once I make that decision. Should be within the next couple of months.
Old 12-15-2015, 09:01 AM
JK Newbie

Just to throw another name out there. I'm running a rubicon express 2.5 kit with fox 2.0's and it rides better than factory. Price isn't bad either.
Old 12-15-2015, 09:24 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Flex_Junkie
Just to throw another name out there. I'm running a rubicon express 2.5 kit with fox 2.0's and it rides better than factory. Price isn't bad either.
I've seen good reviews on those kits. I feel like there are a ton of kits with around the same qualities. Its going to come to me narrowing it down and weighing the pros and cons of each. Thanks for the info, I'll look up this kit and compare!

Quick Reply: TeraFlex 2.5" lift or MetalCloak 2.5" lift?