Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Teraflex Alpine Arm Conversion

Old 04-24-2019, 04:33 AM
JK Freak

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Teraflex Alpine Arm Conversion

Considering a switch to Tera's Alpine long arms. Everyone I've met that's running them say they're the shizz. I have the Alpine joints on the front frame side uppers of my older TF long arm, replacing their short lived flex joints. They've survived a lot of miles & trails, performed well and no maintenance or replacement needed, unlike their small upper arm flex joints which are crap. Anyway, wondering if anyone out there has swapped the arm sets to Alpine and how they've done.
Old 04-25-2019, 07:06 AM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SoK66
Considering a switch to Tera's Alpine long arms. Everyone I've met that's running them say they're the shizz. I have the Alpine joints on the front frame side uppers of my older TF long arm, replacing their short lived flex joints. They've survived a lot of miles & trails, performed well and no maintenance or replacement needed, unlike their small upper arm flex joints which are crap. Anyway, wondering if anyone out there has swapped the arm sets to Alpine and how they've done.
what exactly makes them the "shizz". lots people often recommend things and have no idea what they are talking about. or they feel the need to confirm their own purchases by recommending them to other people.

looking at that setup looks like a giant bucket full of crappy, overpriced compromises.
Old 04-26-2019, 04:40 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by GIROGecko
what exactly makes them the "shizz". lots people often recommend things and have no idea what they are talking about. or they feel the need to confirm their own purchases by recommending them to other people.

looking at that setup looks like a giant bucket full of crappy, overpriced compromises.
Could you elaborate please?
Old 04-26-2019, 04:43 PM
JK Freak

GIRO,

Just wanted to mention, at this point your posts and comments put you at the troll level, so if you have anything positive to add it might help change people's opinions of you.
Old 04-27-2019, 04:46 PM
JK Enthusiast
FJOTM Winner

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

We've got around 30k miles on a 3" lift with Alpine short arms.
They ride great, no maintenance and flex enough to do what we need them to do.
No issues.

Old 04-28-2019, 05:25 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BlueBaby
We've got around 30k miles on a 3" lift with Alpine short arms.
They ride great, no maintenance and flex enough to do what we need them to do.
No issues.

Thanks very much. I'd be looking at the long arm and I assume they use the same bushings. Just had to change out another frame side clevite on the old style TF long arm and am frankly getting bored with the routine. A friend has an EVO long arm and has the same complaint.
The following users liked this post:
BlueBaby (04-28-2019)

Quick Reply: Teraflex Alpine Arm Conversion