JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   Teraflex BB Spacer Failed? (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/teraflex-bb-spacer-failed-250097/)

jpone 10-05-2012 09:10 AM

Teraflex BB Spacer Failed?

Attachment 374481

Check this out. Driver's side rear coil spacer completely failed? I have already called ORW San Marcos about getting it replaced. Just barely a year old? We are pretty easy on this 2012 jku.

Anyone have any ideas how this could happen?

TeraFlex 10-05-2012 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by jpone (Post 3239348)
Attachment 374481

Check this out. Driver's side rear coil spacer completely failed? I have already called ORW San Marcos about getting it replaced. Just barely a year old? We are pretty easy on this 2012 jku.

Anyone have any ideas how this could happen?

Wow, never seen one fail that bad before. No problem on that being replaced under warranty. Please let me know if there are any issues with ORW.

jpone 10-05-2012 09:29 AM

Talking to the San Marcos shop. Just got off the phone with them and they mentioned speaking to someone there this am and they are waiting for a picture. Any way you can facilitate the relevant person at TF to look at this photo?

It's crazy how the whole thing is gone and the spring is now resting against the body? Don't get me wrong, I am very happy with all my TF goods, and believe this is an anomaly.

TeraFlex 10-05-2012 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by jpone (Post 3239381)
Talking to the San Marcos shop. Just got off the phone with them and they mentioned speaking to someone there this am and they are waiting for a picture. Any way you can facilitate the relevant person at TF to look at this photo?

It's crazy how the whole thing is gone and the spring is now resting against the body? Don't get me wrong, I am very happy with all my TF goods, and believe this is an anomaly.

Copied and sent to the CS dept guys.

jpone 10-05-2012 09:53 AM

Appreciate the fast action!

rlwjeeppwr 10-05-2012 10:03 AM

Spacer

WOW! That's crazy...I have the same kit on my JK for now and take it all over with no issues although I plan on upgrading to a different TF kit in the near future with more travel to better suit my driving conditions. Good luck!

skippyrock 10-05-2012 10:13 AM

That's wild.

jpone 10-05-2012 10:25 AM

Ya - Looks like it exploded! I will keep for posterity unless TF wants it. The other side remains perfect???????

Delux2769 10-05-2012 10:54 AM

That looks like it missed a step in the factory.

Glad you're getting it fixed.

TF has always seemed to have great products and CS.

jpone 10-05-2012 11:00 AM

Waiting to hear back from ORW. Stay tuned.